GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:30 am

I like the look of the forgeworld plasma weapons. But for some reason i HATE the look of the melta and flamer weapons...especially the flamers, they just look so ugly to me.
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 am

Not every gun but you can get plasma and meltaguns on the GW website for delivery. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Sp ... lasma-Guns

mrazek22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrazek22 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Those are all SM only. I mean, every race has this problem, but the codex's for Guard is what made me want it. SGTs can take Bolters, but there is literally no IG bolter that is made for them. The command squads can take 4 special weapons, but there are only 3 in the entire kit. Heavy flamer doesn't count.

coldsteel

Post by coldsteel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:17 pm

mrazek22 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:46 pm
ALL I WANT FOR XMAS 2018 IT AN ALL WEAPONS SPRU. Seriously. It comes with like 10 Plasma, 10 Melta, 10 HBs, 10 LCs, 10 MLs, 10 flamer/heavy, 10 of each melee weapon...etc. I would pay 50 bucks for that, in a heart beat. Beats buying three boxes of units I don't need to get their weapons.
Make your own out of resin......
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

mrazek22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrazek22 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 pm

See: I would do resin, but I am trying to play at my local store, which prohibits non-GW models. They have caught people before using Resin, and I don't want to get kicked out of the store. I would prefer to just have the things THAT EVERYONE WANTS ie more weapon parts, instead of BS like armies that no one asked for.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:36 pm

mrazek22 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 pm
See: I would do resin, but I am trying to play at my local store, which prohibits non-GW models. They have caught people before using Resin, and I don't want to get kicked out of the store. I would prefer to just have the things THAT EVERYONE WANTS ie more weapon parts, instead of BS like armies that no one asked for.
Based on what you've posted on this forum before and this, it sounds like your stores ran by, and excusez mon français here, a bunch of utter ****s. My local store's rule is litteraly just "make sure it at least looks like it could be from us".

You should probably try to search up for a local gaming club wherever you live. If it's in the states or something you should be able to find some on facebook or something, you'll have a happier time.

Try this: https://www.tabletopgaming.co.uk/miniature-games/clubs/

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:15 pm

My store is so big the owners aren't even in the same room to care lol.

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:15 am

My GW store is a small one in a mall. Only room for 2 tables. They allow all models so long as they're around half-ish made of GW products (basically like Signet said, enough to look like a GW model). The manager openly encourages people to use Battlescribe. It absolutely sounds like Mrazek's local store is run by the Fun Police.

But more importantly and back on topic - How about those Dark Eldar!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ing-party/

Army assembly rules look super cool. 3 Patrol Detachments for +4 CP gives you one more CP than taking a Battalion would give, and by sheer coincidence there is a 1 CP stratagem that lets you take a warlord trait on 2 additional models. How serendipitous!

Also they've switched up the Start Collecting box to include a Venom, 3 Reavers, Wyches, and a Succubus!
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

mrazek22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrazek22 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:30 am

Dark Eldar are going to be BOSS. Glass cannon though. There are several "local community groups" in my state, however it is kinda a back water state. I should start one and gauge interest.

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:00 pm

That sounds like an absolutely awesome idea! And yeah I completely agree about the dark eldar, which I'm honestly okay with. I feel like that's always been their playstyle and it's a lot of fun.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Pre-Orders up for the Forge World Termite Assault Drill. Rules for both 40k and Horus Heresy are available for download. CHAOS GOT A RULE SET FOR IT IN 40K! (No AdMech 40k rules, though, so no transport for your army, yet)
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Driedguide42
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Driedguide42 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Koonitz wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:01 pm
(No AdMech 40k rules, though, so no transport for your army, yet)
:(
Iron Wardens - By the will of the Gorgon
"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies"
- Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

Koonitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

New Spring FAQ is being released today. A live interview is being done on WarHammer TV's Facebook page at 4:30pm BST (11:30am EST). That's less than half an hour from the writing of this post.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm

FAQ is up!

1) Beta smite/character targeting rules finalized. Beta smite changed to +1 warp charge (instead of -1 casting roll). This means an 11 is still a super smite, even if you have a "-2" to the roll. Beta smite rules also do not affect Brotherhood of Psykers (Grey Knights) and Brotherhood of Sorcerers (Thousand Sons) units. So mini-smites are exempt from this rule. Except Pink Horrors. They still suffer.

NEW BETA RULES
Tactical Reserves: If adopted, this is going to DRAMATICALLY shift the meta. Deep striking units, unless deployed BEFORE the start of the first turn (ie: Cult Ambush, Strike from the Shadows stratagem, et cetera), cannot be deployed on the first turn UNLESS deployed wholly within their own deployment zone. This hits the first turn alpha strike lists HARD.

Battle Brothers: <Imperium>, <Chaos>, <Aeldari>, <Ynnari>, and <Tyranids> can no longer be used as faction keywords within a detachment (however may still be used as an army wide keyword). This means if you wish to bring multiple codices into your army, you must use a separate detachment for each, effectively. This reduces prevalence on mixing units to fill detachments (ie: Taking cyber wolves to fill a brigade). They do list certain units that are exempt from this, with restrictions (ie: Assassins).

BALANCE CHANGES
Command points for battalion and brigade detachments increased to +5/+12 respectively. The interview indicated this was to give armies who struggled to fill detachments and, thus, struggled to feel like they got a healthy amount of command points, incentives to go this route. For example, elite armies that paid heavily for their 2 HQ/3 Troops, like Custodes. I question this motivation, as this benefits all armies, doubly so those armies that decide to bring a 180 points Guard detachment of 2 commanders and 3 infantry squads to farm battalion command points. Now they get an extra 2 for their trouble. Would you pay 180 points for 5 command points and a cheaper rear field objective holder?

Abilities which ignore wounds (ie: Feel No Pain effects) are nerfed to being able to only use one per wound. No stacking 6+ FNP effects. I like this change, as I agreed with the reasoning, which is that it tended to slow the game down, effectively giving you multiple 're-rolls' to save the wound.

ORGANIZED PLAY
This change was introduced as a 'suggestion' for events and tournaments. This is NOT a core matched play rule. This is identical to the suggestion of the limitation on how many detachments you can bring. This suggestion is widely adopted by major tournaments, so expect the new addition to also be adopted:

Rule of 3: No datasheet may be taken more than 2/3/4 times across your entire army, based on points level (Up to 1,000/1,001-2,000/2,001-3,000). Unless they are troops or dedicated transports.

This is meant to restrict lists like 5 Hive tyrants, or 3 billion Dark Reapers. Things like that. The FAQ does not mention the Tau Commander restriction, and this would be on top of the existing Tau Commander restriction. I'm not sure how I feel about this one, as I don't think it'll curtail spam enough. For example, 3 Hive Tyrants is almost as bad, and won't really diversify the list that much. I preferred the Tau Commander version.
We shall see, though.

POINTS CHANGES
Guilliman, Hive Tyrants with wings and Dark Reapers all got a points hit. There are some other points changes, but I'm not familiar enough with the units to be able to tell you how much they've changed.
Armies:

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Well gunline Guard armies just got a massive buff into high heaven. No first turn charges and an easy 17CP.