GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

So, I was speaking to my local GW store manager today and he started telling me all about new stuff coming out. Obviously I can't prove anything, but, he basically confirmed that yhere is new Guard models coming out and they will be a mix of different types (Iron Guard, greatcoats, elysian pieces, etc...).

But the most interesting thing is that he said the new poxwalkers that just came out are using the legs and uniform designs from the upcoming Guard models. :shock:

coldsteel

Post by coldsteel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 am

Signet-Powers wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am
So, I was speaking to my local GW store manager today and he started telling me all about new stuff coming out. Obviously I can't prove anything, but, he basically confirmed that yhere is new Guard models coming out and they will be a mix of different types (Iron Guard, greatcoats, elysian pieces, etc...).

But the most interesting thing is that he said the new poxwalkers that just came out are using the legs and uniform designs from the upcoming Guard models. :shock:
Sounds legit. I'm working on 72 (!) Poxwalkers, gonna do their clothing shards to look like my Guard army, tie everyone together.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

mmsolo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mmsolo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am

does magnetizing powalkers legs and torso to do half the job when going for guards will be a new thing ? haha

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm

I hope they do Praetorians too. Catachan rules are very fluffy.

Raschier
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Raschier » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 pm

General-Kroll wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm
I hope they do Praetorians too. Catachan rules are very fluffy.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the praetorians don't get a regimental doctrine from GW (maybe Forge World will give them one), for they announced which regiments get doctrines: Catachan and Cadia ofcourse, and also Armageddon, Mordian, Valhallan, Vostroyan, Tallarn and the Militarum Tempestus. I think the Mordian doctrine would fit best I guess, cause both regiments use strict discipline and firing ranks in fluff.

I do like the Catachans as well, would be fun to make a close combat Guard army like that. I am curious what their own order "Burn it down" does.

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Well that sucks. But at least the models they sell will have rules now.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:47 am

Mordians today (but you can just run Praetorians as them Kroll)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-2/

Hilights:

And a Unique order:

Not sure if its better than Catachans but still damned good, and shooting twice on a Tank Commander executioner? Yes plz.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:53 pm

A way around the character hiding shenanigans is nice though, but I will pout and sneer every time someone shows up with cadians and uses the mordian rules, or the catachan rules for that matter.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

coldsteel

Post by coldsteel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:34 pm

From what the Community page says, Grinding Advance is no matter what regimental keyword you use...
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member

Post by General-Kroll » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Let's wait and see what the Cadian rules are first, I can't imagine they will be worse than the other regiments that aren't for sale in the stores.

Punishers are going to be scary.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:43 pm

I dunno. I'm waiting to see the Catachan "Burn it down!" stratagem, combined with a Hellhound rerolling shots on its flame cannon and heavy flamer.

I really can't say anything else but "BURN IT DOWN!"
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:33 am

My friend whos an IG players says that grinding advance is OTT. He plays fluffy so he would never take 3 punishers due to the volume of shots. With leman russ's being toughness 8 as well. It be next to impossible to deal with 3 of them doing that.

You will need lascannons galore and hope for semi good rolls.

He believed it should just be +1bs

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 am

Grinding advance is a throwback to 5th edition, where the turret didn't follow the normal firing rules. +1 BS would be 1000000x better, so I feel it is more reasonable to have grinding advance.

Leman Russ tanks nowadays melt like snow on a hot summer day and with the way the damage chart and the heavy weapons work, they generally cannot hit the broadside of a barn, unless you roll spectacularly well, or paid the points for a tank commander/Knight Commander Pask.

Leman Russes in general are nowhere near the beasts they were last edition, especially towards the end where S7 spam was so prevalent, AV14 was generally very meta breaking.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:12 am

coldsteel wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:34 pm
From what the Community page says, Grinding Advance is no matter what regimental keyword you use...
Yeah, that's my bad. I misread it. It applies to every regiment, so a straight up buff.

I also don't think it's too powerful on a standard Russ really, but it'll work on Pask with his BS2+, which is definitely some pretty powerful firepower.

Anyway; VOSTROYANS:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-2/

Hilights:

Can't say I'm impressed honestly.