GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by Ronin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 pm

If you play by rule of 3, it might be hard to squeeze in more units if you take in a brigade.

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by Mach-Ten » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am

OK, now I'm REALLY confused on charging at units on ruins !

so to Deepstrike in I have to be directly 9 inches away .. in this image I do that with an assault marine with the <FLY> keyword.

but my charge is now only 3 inches (ignoring the Vertical distance as per the FAQ)

so, which is it ? min 9" charge ... or FLY distance.

Secondly, as per the FAQ, a charging unit cannot fit on those battlements as that target unit blocks them, BUT

can FLY take the "Move over models and terrain as if they were not there" rule and go 4 inches, to land behind them ?

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am

I think to declare a charge, it's 9", but to make it in base to base is 3" because you now ignore vertical distance. However, you must have enough space to be able to place the model. So for example, if the marine is standing on a pillar and is charged by a trygon, the trygon technically can't be in close combat with him because they're not contacting base to base.

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Didn't see this posted anywere yet and wasn't sure if posting on the official teaser/discussion thread counts as necromancy, but whatever.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-1/

Personally like it, proportions are really good and the armor actually looks like something a human being can wear. Proper boots too and not high heels. New Human/sized boltgun is cool too.

Only thing I'd say is that i'm not a fan of the torsos. I understand some people like boob armor but I don't. The flexible corset also looks kinda weak, like it's made of some sort of fabric and it wouldn't protect you the same as the rest of the armor does. Just nitpicks though.

Also new today, War, but for kids!

I actually kinda love that this exists, even if the premise is a bit absurd.

hislittlecuzin
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by hislittlecuzin » Tue May 22, 2018 11:26 am

Signet-Powers wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm
[+] Expand
I actually kinda love that this exists, even if the premise is a bit absurd.
*Parents understandably unsure about recommending the Horus Heresy series to their children, it being a series about 9 sons trying to tear down their father’s empire…

Share this:
Oh my Emprah...
Also those comic books for kids look cool. I kinda want to read attack of the Necron.

WHY IS GW SO GOOD AT TAKING MY MONEYYYYYY
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.