GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by General-Kroll » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:36 am

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:50 pm

Mecha82 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:43 am
So Xenos do get some love during this year after all. It will surely make Eldar and Nid players happy that they faction wasn't ignored.
To be perfectly frank, the Eldars have never been forgotten ever since the 6th edition hit, so it was unlikely to be the case. But, for the Nids that is certainly a huuuuuuuuuge load of stress off of the tyranid players shoulders. If there is one army that has been forgotten since as far as the 5th edition, it is the Tyranids. I don't they've got a decent codex since 4th edition, maybe even 3rd edition. I remember that there was an extremely reviled codex that pratically made half of their units almost useless in general, Carnifexes in particular. I don't remember if it was the 4th or 5th edition codex. In all cases, it may be the moment where the Tyranids come out of the limbos at last.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Bojazz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Now that the Craftworlds codex is confirmed and they've said to expect new model releases alongside "some" of the codices, you all know what I'm about to wish for.

COME OOOONNNNN PLASPECTS!!!
(Also the re-return of black guardians would be nice so my 80 guardians don't get shelved)
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:19 pm

More big news from NOVA!

- Vehicle Design Rules from 3rd edition are making a comeback! GW will be rolling out trial rules for use in Open Play with Chaos / Imperial Land Raiders only. Based on the reception and viability they're considering branching out to other vehicles and even said that rules for Matched Play aren't out of the question further down the road!
- Apocalypse Rules
- Planetary Invasion Campaign rules
- Updated points values for tons of things
- New mission types
- "Expanded Rules" for factions currently without a codex
Orks - Power Level 70

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:24 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 3rd edition vehicle design rules. You mean that we will come back to 3rd edition vehicle rules with 1 damage table from glancing hits and one table for penetration and no hull point? Or do you mean tournament players will play test new vehicles?

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:27 am

Make your own custom vehicle rules. But in case of Land raiders it will probably be limited to weapon swaps, maybe predator turrets as the heavy blter/assault cannon slot at the craziest.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:31 am

In 3rd edition white dwarf released some "Vehicle Design Rules" that allowed players to design and build their own vehicles. There were charts and tables allowing players to select vehicle sizes, armour values, special rules, transport capacities, even design their own weapons to fit onto them.

Want an open-topped 20 capacity walker transport with haywire missiles for arms? You can make it!

As arnathos said though, since this iteration is specifically for land raiders I imagine these rules will be toned down quite a bit from the 3rd edition ones. allowing you some options to pick some various pieces from other kits perhaps
Orks - Power Level 70

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 am

I hope they bring back the old 'xenomorph' rules for nids! Make your own gaunt/gant variant!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:30 pm

That was 4 edition i think with all the different nid upgrades. I loved that codex and was very fluffy with adaptation and evolution being considered

blippityblip
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by blippityblip » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:24 am
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 3rd edition vehicle design rules. You mean that we will come back to 3rd edition vehicle rules with 1 damage table from glancing hits and one table for penetration and no hull point? Or do you mean tournament players will play test new vehicles?
Years and years ago there was a chapter approved article, it allowed you to scratch build a vehicle and give it rules and points, you'd pick what kind of vehicle it was, which then gave you a maximum amount of armour it could have, you got to pick all its weapons, if it had a transport capacity, if it was opened top or amphibious and for every option they had a point cost, for instance making it open topped was something like minis 10 points. It looks like it'll be a lot simpler now and you'll just pick a chassis and then it's weapons i.e.- here's my landraider but it has twinlinked multimeltas instead of lascannons.

I did make a chimera with a battlecannon years ago using those rules, I then had to convert it into a chimera with a heavy flamer later on
power levels
Iron hands 1384pl
Ynnari 88pl
Admech 162pl
Imperial guard 326pl
Chaos 128pl
Space wolves 110pl
Tyranids ?

And a small dwarf army

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks for the answers guys. Back in the 3rd edition, I wasn't aware of these customisation rules for vehicles. In fact, I wasn't reading White Dwarf at that time although I was aware of the existence of Chapter Approved articles.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:06 am

The Necromundia models look fantastic, though I must say I'm a little dissapointed that the two gangs are so homogenised. I'm unfamiliar with Necromundia fluff but I was expecting more variety in them like the Colonel Schafers Last Chancers kit or something, not ten of the same Model in identical uniforms.

Ah well, those Goliaths will make excellent Bullygryn stand-ins, even if there'll be a little bit of a size difference...

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:13 am

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... t-weekend/

Death Guard Codex preorders on 9th

And Mortarion looks disgusting (gameplaywise) 18 wounds T7 3+/4++ and DR....
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:58 am

Yeah Morty looks a real pain in the backside.

mmsolo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mmsolo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:57 pm

That video make me sick...

Ho wait that's not death guard's rot that overdose of Ultramarine !

Why ! again ultramarines please make it stop ! there is plenty of other chapters !