GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Sigmarines are in fact Blood Angel's Sanguinary Guards who lost themselves in the Warp, appeared in the AoS world and decided to create their own empire down there to their own benefit. :mrgreen:
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:17 am

GW published a new rumour picture on their community page:
[+] Expand
That's a rather difficult one. It could be almost anything, ranging from Dark Eldar to Tyranids or even the horns of a beastman (Blood Bowl perhaps). I'll go with Dark Eldar though. Seems fitting to the new Aeldari release.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Bojazz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:35 pm

It looks very horn-like. I don't think tyranids have that spiral look to them. Reminds me of a shell almost. Perhaps some sort of exotic terrain?
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:04 pm

To me, it looks like the shell of a shellfish or a snail. If it's an aquatic creature, this would certainly be an AoS thingy. It could be a tyranid tail curled on itself too, but it doesn't feel right.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm going with horn (though it does look like a shell, but man made for sure). It's probably something on someone's head anyway lol

Interesting teaser - I heard from a podcast they showed a pic(?) at the preview before adepticon of a Scythe so everyone immediately thought of Mortarion I guess.

I like how they're doing stuff atm anyway, it's a lot more like the way Wizards does MTG, and it makes it more fun imo.

Also, still lol'ing about the Sigmarines Kov hehe I may have to give into temptation and get a small box and convert them to Space Marines :P
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Guildenstern wrote:Interesting teaser - I heard from a podcast they showed a pic(?) at the preview before adepticon of a Scythe so everyone immediately thought of Mortarion I guess.
Curious, is this a different pic than the scythe at the end of the Death Guard release video discussed here?
If so I'd very much like to see it.
Orks - Power Level 70

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:07 am

I think this is something to do with Corsairs, the Dark-Elvish hooks and now this could be some sort of shellfish stuck onto something from the water, remember the Dark Elves had a big sea part with the Scourge Privateers and their sea beasts and other sea related guys, the black ark corsairs.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Bojazz wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:Interesting teaser - I heard from a podcast they showed a pic(?) at the preview before adepticon of a Scythe so everyone immediately thought of Mortarion I guess.
Curious, is this a different pic than the scythe at the end of the Death Guard release video discussed here?
If so I'd very much like to see it.
Sadly I do not know :( not having gone to adepticon I haven't seen the pic myself, it was just mentioned. Podcast in question btw is the latest TFG one, I'm not sure about when in it they talked about it, I may have to relisten.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Ronin wrote:they're bringing back charging out of all vehicles like 5th.
If I still played Guard, I'd be kinda pissed. As it is, I'll just have to start building a few more assault units. Or just keep working on my 30k army. Either/or.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 pm

For those who haven't seen the rumours mentioned above:
[+] Expand
The first point is confirmed false, Codices will not go away. Whether they will now be AOS-style Battletomes or not remains to be seen though. Assaulting out of transports wouldn't surprise me though. Games Workshop has always swung wildly back and forth between combat being ridiculously strong or completely useless. We are due for another "ridiculously strong" phase I think. Charging models attacking first and assaulting out of transports would be a big step in that direction. Maybe my Howling Banshees will finally see some table time again!
Orks - Power Level 70

NotAlpharius
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by NotAlpharius » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:07 pm

I really don't like the idea of weapons reducing armour, if a terminator has its 2+ save reduced because a bolt gun fired at him then I'll be disappointed
It seems more silly to me that Terminator Armor would get the same level of protection from a lasgun (flashlight) as a miniature explosive/penetrating warhead from a bolter. The change to AP rules just means that 2+ armor isn't as over powered to armies that lack wide access to AP2.
All generalizations are false.