GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:26 pm

For Squats, you would probably have to find the old 2nd edition army rules on Internet and then making a modernised homebrew codex for them. There certainly are some homebrew dexes on the internet, but most people tend to make them overpowered so I don't know. BTW, I think they're now called the Demiurg. They play a secondary role in the Horus Heresy Alpha Legion short story "The Serpent within" found in "The Primarch" book.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:For Squats, you would probably have to find the old 2nd edition army rules on Internet and then making a modernised homebrew codex for them. There certainly are some homebrew dexes on the internet, but most people tend to make them overpowered so I don't know. BTW, I think they're now called the Demiurg. They play a secondary role in the Horus Heresy Alpha Legion short story "The Serpent within" found in "The Primarch" book.
Nah. Counts as either Marines or Mechanicum would be much easier.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Koonitz wrote:Nah. Counts as either Marines or Mechanicum would be much easier.
Pretty much. Now, which versions of marines? I'd go with either Iron Hands, Salamanders or Space Wolves. Also, I'd remove some of the weapons, and just kit bash them with other axes/hammers/weapon options from Reaper.
[+] Expand
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by genso6 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Bojazz wrote:Another new pic from the GW community site rumour mill. This looks like a bloodletter head to me. Thoughts?

I'd bet money this is a board tile/artwork for that upcoming Warhammer Underworlds Shadowspire game they've teased at. All in all, this has been a stellar week for releases!
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Imperia

Post by Imperia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:20 am

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... 29th-2017/

New Rumour Engine, with Death Guard coming out next, likely an AoS release, and I think it could be some sort of Siege Equipment, it seems like the hooks are dug into the ground, like Anchors, seems a tad rough for anything Aelvish, yet it just feels like something Dark Aelves would do and they haven't gotten anything new yet.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 pm

At the end part of the hooks, there seem to be some kind of sludge or energy around them. Do you know what it could be? Is it psychic energy, an energy field of a power weapon, Nurgle sludge? It feels Dark Eldar, but depending of the answer, it could be something Chaos as well.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Imperia

Post by Imperia » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:22 am

I felt like it was built up dirt around the hook, as though it is dug into the ground like an anchor

NotAlpharius
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by NotAlpharius » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Looks like Death to me. Maybe they'll bring the skull catapult back.
All generalizations are false.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Is this where we're discussing the Adepticon rumors/teasers?

I'm thinking of the rules changes. I don't know if they out and out said it, but sounds like they're going forward with simplifying the 40k rules more like AoS. Which sounds good on the one hand, but on the other, once again, I have a horde army and a game likely going to a lower model count. At least I'll have a lot of choices to choose from though. And maybe some of the other less played armies will be able to do better as well, in the future.

Anyway, my real question I'm dying to think about is - would it work to eventually have models moving between fantasy and 40k (or whatever it becomes)?

Also, it seems like, maybe, do you think the vehicles will get better? or more useful I guess. Some are fine and used all the time but it seems like maybe this would make more room for using vehicles that don't get used a lot.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

NotAlpharius
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by NotAlpharius » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:07 pm

would it work to eventually have models moving between fantasy and 40k (or whatever it becomes)?
As it stands, daemons are the only things that are cross games and even then they are armed differently. Tzaangor box is a good representation as it comes with chainsword/pistols as well as AoS weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if when GW releases new daemons they do replicate that, but I don't think there will be any cross over otherwise. I highly doubt we will see any Sigmarines trying to spread the word of Sigmar in Imperial space anytime soon. And if rumors are correct AoS rules should still be incompatible with 40k as a further testament.
All generalizations are false.