GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

GW Teasers/Rumours Discussion

Post by Bojazz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Duncan's 100th painting video featured him painting a Gyrinx on a very large base! Gyrinx are not models which are currently available from GW. They are commonly used as psychic familiars by Humans and Eldar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nWv_WcpUZA

That base is very large, so SOMEONE is getting a pretty new big toy! Anyone got any additional info? Thoughts and predictions? I've been seeing people predicting exodites around the interwebz.
Last edited by Bojazz on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: GW Hinting New Release!

Post by Koonitz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Presumed to be Eldar, as another rumourmill snap showed a real close up shot of an Eldar blade, if I recall correctly.

Also, art of an Eldar with a Gyrinx was shown. This came from Bell of Lost Souls, here.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:10 am

Would it be a part of a new Eldrad miniature?

I believe that this art picture isn't new. I've already seen it on the Lexicanum long ago.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:14 am

Eldrad just received a new miniature in the death masque boxed set, so i doubt it would be for him.
Orks - Power Level 70

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:16 pm

I doubt anymore Chaos Space Marines are coming especially concerning TSons, and the base is more Heavy Cav sized, like bloodcrusher sized, Tzeentchian style BloodCrusher unit maybe?

Zodd1888
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Zodd1888 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

I don't think we'll see TSons Bikers as a special unit ever, or a rider. I think a Tzeentch Cult book for 40k (think KDK except TSons and Tzeentch) is more likely, therefore Screamers and/or discs will likely fill that slot.

I think it's part of the upcoming rumoured Eldar Triumvirate. It makes the most sense to me given that Eldar haven't seen a decent release in a bit and there is a big focus from Cadia going in this direction.

That said, mark my words: TSons codex is coming. They have their own entry on GW's site now. It's only a matter of time. I don't think they've got another division of an army listed that doesn't have their own codex, do they?

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:07 am

Looks like it's going to be that eldar triumvirate rumors were talking about! The new campaign is called "gathering storm" and it features some mystery eldar!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -rages-on/

The post ends with "we don't recognize that rune. Looks like something new is on the way!" So I still want to believe in exodites. Fingers crossed!
Orks - Power Level 70

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:20 am

Yeah, I was sure it was something Eldar. The idea of TSons bikers was quite funny to me since there is zero reference to that in the fluff and even before the Heresy, the TS were pretty much a foot slogging army.

And as for a TS codex, I'm not positively convinced this will happen soon. Our codex is pretty much Wrath of Magnus. It will be this way for a while.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:11 am

If you take a look at this picture
[+] Expand
then you may notice the stripes in the background as well as the leather harness holding the "weapon". Looks like some striped mount in a harness. My guess would be an eldar cavalry. In the upper right corner you see something blue, which might be part of a cloak. Also quite "eldarly". Therefore it could really be exodites.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:55 am

The base was the size of a Bloodcrushers base so it is the exact size for some sort of large beast to be mounted by an Eldar, which has actually made me really excited for this Eldar release.

Lightningsymphony
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Lightningsymphony » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:10 am

I might play the Exodites if they release them with mid-tier rules. Would be a much different army, and something more 'fun' then 'game breaking' to collect.
Great Ascendent Drakthia-Servant of Rivera, Drothri of Solaris

Great Leviathan Vasa-Master of the Milky Way

Lesser Leviathan Rivera-Guardian of Belliath, Servant of Vasa

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 pm

More teasers from GW. Looks like Exodites aren't happening :'( At least not yet.
https://scontent.fyto1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=58D5BA24

"Payment in Soulstones, Captures Slaves, or Jokes" definitely means Craftworld, Dark Eldar, and Harlequins Triumverate to me.
Orks - Power Level 70

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:33 pm

So the models have been announced, and boy is it ever a reveal!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... irst-look/

So the Triumverate is basically three new models related to the Eldar god of the dead - Ynnead.

For those who don't know, Ynnead is a god that the Eldar have been creating since the fall. The god of the dead. Slaanesh was created by the pre-fall Eldar from all of the negative psychic energy gathering in the Warp because of their continuously deteriorating morals and addictions. Slaanesh now hunts down and devours all the souls of the dead Eldar in the warp, preventing them from being reborn into the world, and effectively setting a timer counting down to their extinction. Some Eldar psykers foresaw this fall and built the Craftworlds to escape as far away as possible and hide. At the heart of each Craftworld is an Infinity circuit which holds the souls of the fallen craftworld Eldar. A sort of Limbo to prevent their souls from passing into the warp to be devoured by Slaanesh. By focusing on all that is good and virtuous about the Eldar race as they die, they pass this emotion, along with their spirits into the Infinity Circuits. It is believed that once all the Eldar are dead and reside in the infinity circuits, Ynnead will Awaken much in the same way that Slaanesh did, and be powerful enough to destroy Slaanesh once and for all, thus allowing the eldar to be reborn into the world as a new, better, virtuous race (reflecting that of their new god Ynnead), and thusly saving their race. It's ironic that their plan to save their race involved dooming it to extinction, but it's a very cool story.

Anywho, It appears that Ynnead is beginning to gain a considerable amount of power as they are now able to create an Avatar, since the only other god they can make an Avatar of is Kaela Mensha Khaine, a god so powerful that even the chaos gods couldn't kill him, just sever him to pieces. What does this mean for the story of 40k? Of the Eldar? When we consider the name change incoming, could the Aeldari be the reborn Eldar in post-End Times 40k?

My thoughts on how this relates to story (Disclaimer: Speculation)
Eldar are going to die off during the End Times in some great battle (possibly against Necrons, since they were originally created to fight them). If the Eldar are breaking out Ynnead powers and Avatars before he/she is fully matured and they are confident that will be enough to beat back the chaos incursions, then Ynnead must be powerful indeed. After the End Times, Ynnead will be born and not Kill Slaanesh, but incapacitate her so that the eldar Souls she has been devouring for eternity will be released and allowed to be reborn (This lets all the Slaanesh models stay in the game). Since all the Eldar will have died, Ynnead will create a new Eldar race (The Aeldari) which reflects his/her virtues (possibly the virtues imbued into him/her by the dead Eldar in the Infinity Circuits).
Last edited by Bojazz on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orks - Power Level 70