7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...

What are you gonna do?

Poll ended at Sat May 24, 2014 7:06 am

Pre-Order 7th Edition Rulebook, innovator
39%
Stick with the current rulebook, wait and see on the new rules, early adopter
44%
Stick with a previous edition and ignore 7th for as long as I can
4%
Ignore 7th edition completely
1%
Leave 40k completely
4%
Other specify below
7%

Total votes: 70

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: 7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

Post by Sniperfex » Thu May 15, 2014 5:58 am

Ronin wrote:I just don't like situations where you have some random sergeant who challenges a bloodthirster and he's forced to accept while the rest of the squad just goes, "Meh. We didn't like him anyways." I would have preferred to make challenges rewarding to accept, but absolutely not punishing if you choose to refuse. That way, players get choice as to whether or not they want to instead of using it as a cheap, unrealistic tactic to tank wounds. Besides, the bloodthirster wouldn't care about personal glory of beating up captain so-and-so when he can just swat the whole squad with a single swing.
Yup I would had kept challenges but had it this way, although Chaos Space Marines have something already like this. But ya'know, whatever floats your goat.
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Donteatrawhagis
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu May 15, 2014 6:57 am

I would have liked if they added abilities to challenges. Ie Tyranids could deny challenges without the penalties. Orks follow through so additional hits go into the wound pool against the rest of the unit.

But alas never happened only guys who are affected by challenges are chows space marines and imperial guard.
Writer/Programmer

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu May 15, 2014 7:37 am

Challenges would be fine if excess wounds would count towards combat res. If the wounds carry over chaos space marine infantry becomes pretty much unplayable.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

OrkyChaos
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by OrkyChaos » Thu May 15, 2014 8:59 am

The only time it's really going to be an issue is when HQs are in the combat. The average infantry sergeant isn't powerful enough to slaughter an entire unit with excess challenge wounds.

Taow
Silver Vault Member

Post by Taow » Fri May 16, 2014 5:30 pm

I saw that. So, no option to get the rulebook without the other 2. I hope they're repackaging DV with it so I can ebay one. And companies wonder why people torrent their products...

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Fri May 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Pre-Ordered. A bit of misgivings doing direct delivery to my home instead of through store, but we'll see how it goes.
Writer/Programmer

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Fri May 16, 2014 7:58 pm

$140 for the rulebook combo thing in Australia.
I'm getting it.
Plus, unbound armies=carnifex hordes....me like very much! :)
Start again...Ha. A. A ha. A ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. A A A ha. Ha a ha. Hahaha a ha ha ha. Cough. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was told to....

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by EmoAngels » Sat May 17, 2014 2:58 am

Not sure if someone already posted this but I heard from a 'reliable' source that wounds in challenges do carry over. Unbound still irks me from a theoretical standpoint however, I don't know anyone in my local store that has 7 riptides or 5 heldrakes.
"I take this burden of this breakfast upon myself and I will not fear it, for I am breakfast incarnate..."-Konrad Curze/Walter White. One of the two. Probably.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat May 17, 2014 3:09 am

Its a huge buff to greater daemons, daemon princes and chaos lords that have 10-14 attacks.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Grayfoxz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Grayfoxz » Sat May 17, 2014 5:45 am

Honestly, I only got my 6th edition rulebook recently (new player) and will stick with that for a little while with a friend of mine. Probably will be getting the new rules but not for the first few months...
For dutch gamers: http://www.Kijk-Online.com

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Sat May 17, 2014 6:22 am

I was lucky last time. I got the edition right when it started and I got the rule book as an add on for a friend's ebay purchase at no cost.
Writer/Programmer