7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...

What are you gonna do?

Poll ended at Sat May 24, 2014 7:06 am

Pre-Order 7th Edition Rulebook, innovator
39%
Stick with the current rulebook, wait and see on the new rules, early adopter
44%
Stick with a previous edition and ignore 7th for as long as I can
4%
Ignore 7th edition completely
1%
Leave 40k completely
4%
Other specify below
7%

Total votes: 70

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: 7th Edition, what are you gonna do poll...

Post by DracoAvian » Thu May 08, 2014 7:41 pm

I've been told there are rumors of an Eldar and Guard box as well. However, I am also suspicious at the lack of power armor. I just don't see the trend of a dominate 3+ save leaving in any hurry. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see that happen though.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Donteatrawhagis
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu May 08, 2014 8:26 pm

What they should try to do is put in some terrain with all the battle boxes for the armies. Based on the army they're in help increase the amount of terrain out in the world.
Writer/Programmer

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu May 08, 2014 8:26 pm

What they should try to do is put in some terrain with all the battle boxes for the armies. Based on the army they're in help increase the amount of terrain out in the world.
Writer/Programmer

ussasx
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by ussasx » Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 am

yeah the macragge box set had terrain - ok not massive LOS blocking stuff, however it was some scenery at least.
Ussasx
Necrons ~ 3000pts 90% painted.
Space Marines ~ 2000pts 100% painted
Tzeentch ~ 1800points - 0% painted
May my Orks and CSM forever rest in pieces.

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Naw, I don't think GW needs to bundle in terrain. There are plenty of other sites out there that build terrain for all factions. Sure, they don't have fancy fortification rules, but xenos players are used to that. I think the real problem is that tournaments often dictate how much or how little and what kinds of terrain are permissible. When I play with my group the table is covered with terrain. There are barricades, razor wire, tank traps, LOS blockers, ruins, buildings, multi-part buildings, player bought fortifications, forests, and occasionally specialty pieces like a webway portal. The last tourney I played in had two hills and two forests, granted that was fantasy, but I think the same case applies with 40k.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by EmoAngels » Sat May 10, 2014 2:13 am

Being a stereotypical gamer, I have to therefore look at this new release with some degree of pessimism. No but in all honesty I think irregardless of whether I like or dislike the new edition I'll probably still continue to use a somewhat generic list. I hope people get rewarded enough for sticking with the force org.

If I can hope against all odds maybe they will advance the story more.

The new Daemonology sounds interesting in game, but dumb fluff wise. I don't think an Eldar Farseer is going to willing sacrifice itself to become a daemon, regardless of circumstances. (Maybe a cap on what psykers can do what. *When thinking of it I'm not sure any psykers would want to).

Just my 2 cents, but I have hope that the new system will be fun and enjoyable whether in win or defeat.
"I take this burden of this breakfast upon myself and I will not fear it, for I am breakfast incarnate..."-Konrad Curze/Walter White. One of the two. Probably.

Spacefrisian

Post by Spacefrisian » Sat May 10, 2014 5:05 am

Rumours about the box contents are that it includes:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Blood Angels
-Captain with Jump Pack
-Tactical Squad (10)
-Assault Squad (5)
-Terminator Squad (5)
-Cybot with Multi Melta and Autocannon ( its a Dreadnaught, has been noted as cybot on earlier edition releases?)
-Sangunary Priest (with Corbulo option) (might be a limited edition model)

Orkz
-Ork Boss
-Wyrdboy
-Balla Boyz Mob (10) (close combat orcs)
-Moscha Boyz Mob (10) (ranged orcs)
-Meganobz Mob (5)
-Kommando Mob (5)
Also rumours that there wont be a minirulebook in it, but some quickstart rules instead, i do hope it has a minirules book as i am tired having to carry that much weight around, i would go to a gym if i wanted a workout.
The clans are marching against the law
Bagpipers play the tunes of war
Death or glory I will find
Rebellion on my mind

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by DracoAvian » Sun May 11, 2014 3:12 am

Daemonology sounds pretty silly IMO, but I can see where DoC, Woc, or renegade IG would be okay with that. I'm always hoping that Eldar will get access to all psychic disciplines, and I always thought a purely "vehicle" based discipline might be cool. Insofar as to allow some sort of widespread vehicle repair or buff/debuff mechanic into the game.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun May 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Hmmm... New wave of rumours...

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/ ... lwave.html

If those are true, could this indicate GW upper management are beginning to remove their heads from their nether regions?
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun May 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Saw those, and from all the rumors, I like most of them. Not sure how chaning psychers over to a WHFB type system will work, but has to be better than now.

I actually like a lot of the changes that came with 6th. As much as overwatch nerfed my wych army, it makes some sense and as much as the new wound allocation can slow things down, I like it better. Only change I wold make is that all blast wounds are taken from the center of the marker, not just barrage etc. but i digress...

Overall, i will get the new book, but not the LE stuff like I did last time.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun May 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Agree about the vehicles scoring. Used to drive me crazy when someone would park a landraider on top of an objective.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun May 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Vehicles scoring when they were nigh indestructible, yeah, that sucks. However, that has not been the case for 6th edition, and I cannot see them going back to the uber-resilient vehicle chart of yesteryear.

Personally, these rumours stoke my optimism and I hope they are true.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Sun May 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Sounds like a speculation post. I'm gonna bet the rumor isn't 100% correct.
Writer/Programmer