Fluffyfen's the weeklypaint/conversions 2018

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Fluffyfen's the weeklypaint/conversions 2018

Post by fluffyfen » Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Hey guys since im back i thought i should make myself one of these threads

heres a predator im working on.

ImageUntitled by harout baltayan, on Flickr
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Fluffyfen's the weeklypaint/conversions 2018

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed May 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Welcome back and cool conversion! Are these talons/legs from plaguedrones?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Wed May 23, 2018 4:55 pm

yeah they are actually. I had them lying around for whatever reason and never used them for anything.

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 am

some chaos marines im putting together

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 am

That's actually an interesting way of adding the pauldrons to the minis. I've never seen it this way before. I'm quite curious how this will look once painted up! Also, a very heretic misuse of a Skitarii Vanguards head! ;-P
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Fri May 25, 2018 12:39 pm

I understand why people do it (it makes a lot of converted arm poses easier), but I've gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the sideways pauldrons. It just makes the entire silhouette read as something other than a Space Marine. :shrug:

Koonitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Fri May 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Personally, it makes me think of American football players....
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm

I always found it funny how wildly different people opinions are about the pauldrons. It’s not something I plan to do throughout the whole army. Just something to give this squad a unique flavor.

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Wed May 30, 2018 5:58 am

turns out alot of my paints arent usable anymore so my progress is fairly limited

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 am

some quick pics of what ive gotten done

from the starter set i had sitting around for a while

and i think im more or less done with this guy

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 am

the Heldrake is definitely something id always recommend to paint partially assembled or on sprue. its quite a doozy

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:27 am

Progress on my heldrake. Pretty happy with the body and head. now i gotta finish the wings and im gucci.
im pretty miffed one of its claws is missing on the left wing though and i cant find it.
[+] Expand
[+] Expand

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:11 am

not really much to update on. still painting the heldrake wings.

good news is though i got my lord of skulls and knight. ive always wanted to kitbash these guys so thatll probably be my more immediate project

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm

so heres my current progress
[+] Expand

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:40 am

just some slight stuff on the heldrakes wings. also magnatized all the belly cannons and arm guns on my lord of skulls