Nappen's Weekly Paint 2018

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2018

Post by Rouven » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 pm

In this case: Happy New Year! Welcome in 2018! :P :wink:
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks!

Just transferred over my posts from this year. Not many due to all the travel. Have not gotten a lot done, but do have four models with me to work on.

Did get word I am moving in a month and a half, but all good. We like San Antonio.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:23 am

How long a posting is San Antonio?

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Should be two years at least.

I finished up the four folklore models I took with me on my trip. Sorry for the bad photos, but good to be back painting again.

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am

Baby steps, but a little progress on the next 6 models from Folklore: The Affliction game.
Not sure why I am painting the models for a board game, but I just am...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:04 am

A bit more progress on the next 6 folklore models. After these, just two more monsters and the heroes left in the base game.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:58 pm

A bit more progress today.

I played my second 8th edition game today...against Ad Mec....yikes...DE really needs its codex.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:26 am

Is it just me, or do those Nosferatu-lookin' vampires look like they each have two right hands?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:26 am

They do, not sure why, but they all came that way. I finished them up even with the three extra right hands...

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Haha they still look cool :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am

it is a pretty fun solo game. I have put it away and started packing up for the next move. I will still paint, and may go to the local shop for a game one more time, but then it is off to San Antonio.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:20 am

Worked on my last two monsters last night for Folklore. I still have to do the faces. I hate doing faces...and some of the details/touch ups.

I also went through and took a video of all my models/cases/terrain and what is left of my shop yesterday in case stuff gets lost again. Still going through the claims process for the last move. What is amazing is that my main house moved from Germany, across the ocean and only had a few glasses, a bench and my revenant titan broken (though the delivery guys did some damage to my grandfather clock -which was fixed by the company). However, a different company managed to break about 20 things and loose a table base, cabinet saw, air filter, wet/dry grinder, box of rough turned bowls, box of hardwood, and around another 25 boxes ranging from curtains to tools to pillows to kids toys...and the parts box. Sorry, had not really vented anywhere...needed that...thanks...now back to gaming....

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:01 am

Ugh, that's a horrendous loss-ratio! And losing the parts box is just adding insult to injury. :evil:

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Yeah, I know...then you have to leave the half stuff around until it is all cleared up...I have a table top with no base...ah, well...there are people who would love to have my problems...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Finished all the monsters from the base box except the acolyte (I forgot him...) I will work on him next.

ImageImageImage

It came with a pretty decent insert for the models. I still have to do the heroes and the acolyte.