Nappen's Weekly Paint 2018

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Those look cool!

Sucks that you have to move so much :( Is there any chance you'll be being stationed more permanently? You could try for Warner Robins AF Base ^_^
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 am

moving is just part of the job. Warner Robbins is not likely to be in my future :)

Did get a little done on the skeleton warriors and the tree men last night. Bad seams in the trees, but it is for a board game so I am not to worried about it. I should have spent some time with filler, but didn't :)

This weekend I will sand the table. Need to decide if I want to paint it or just some polyurethane and call it done.

I also may poly the holders shown with the skeletons. Already getting some paint on them.

Also thinking I may add a little rust to the chains on the wraiths, but not sure.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 am

Finished my two evil trees last night, now working on the skeletons. and I did add some rust to the chains.

ImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:46 am

I was the only one awake this morning, so went down to the garage and sanded the table top. Got the first coat of polyurethane on it. Will probably just do two coats. It is not planned for a long term table but want to protect it a bit from the occasional spill. It is light enough to bring into the house and convert the dining room table to a game table.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 am

finished the skeletons last night. pic is with a flash, will need to get proper pics when I am done, but this will do for now...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm

just a couple of werewolves I did today. Again, sorry for the flash.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Looks good!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks, not GW quality models, but a fun little diversion. Unfortunately, I will be on the road for the next 6 or 7 weeks, so won't get anything done :(

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:14 am

Have not completely disappeared, just on the road.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am

Still Alive. Still on the road. :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am

Was supposed to be home by now, but weather in DC cancelled my flight, so stuck for another couple of days :(

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:43 am

not much to report on the painting front. slow progress on my folklore models.

They came and did the damage adjustment from my move, so can start throwing out broken stuff and see what I can salvage. I think my titan is beyond repair, but will make a cool piece of terrain if it is.

It is also official. I am moving again. This time to San Antonio. Time to start packing stuff up and getting ready.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Got some undercoating done this week on some folklore models. Will try to take a couple with me this week.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Got most of the base done on four folklore models. Still in a hotel, but brought my paint :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/JHpoB

Will Change link when I get home. Can't figure it out on the iPad...

Nappen

Nappen's Weekly Paint 2018

Post by Nappen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 am

Can't believe I forgot to move over my paint thread. Have been on iPad so much I just missed it. I will move my 2018 posts here when I get home this weekend. I did get some painting done last night here in the hotel :)