Mars-Crusader 2018 weekly paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Mars-Crusader 2018 weekly paint

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Time to get 2018 started. My FLGS held a terrain day to repair and paint the stores terrain. I missed the first week but the second week I painted up 4 Thermic Plasma Regulators. Below is a picture of the terrain that some of us started and finished that day just in time for the stores upcoming Necromunda campaign.

2018 Models Painted x76
x60 Dryads
x4 Thermic Plasma Regulators
x3 Kataphrons
x2 Haemotrope Reactors
x2 Thermic Plasma Conduits
Imperial Knight Crusader
Imperial Knight Errant
Questoris Knight Styrix
Cerastus Knight Lancer
Armiger Warglaive

Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:24 am, edited 8 times in total.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Mars-Crusader 2018 weekly paint

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Nice! love those sets
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 pm

This week I have finished and based 3 Kataphrons. I find I am scatter brained right now and can't focus on a single army to work on and making a little progress on all of my armies instead of just finishing one.
Working on
Sylvaneth
Thousand Sons
Admech/Imperial Knights
Knights of the Raven

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:14 pm

This week I painted up 2 Haemotrope Reactors for the stores Necromunda table. Lots of fun to paint, especially the large flat areas of white which I did with 3 thin layers of Ulthuan Grey. I'm really enjoying painting Games Workshop's industrial terrain

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Those look really cool! Love how you painted them - what is the metal done with?

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Guildenstern wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 pm
Those look really cool! Love how you painted them - what is the metal done with?
Thanks. The silver was done with Army Painter's Gun Metal Primer followed by a thin wash of Nuln Oil to take the shine off. The bronze is Screaming Bell with the same Nuln Oil wash.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 am

This week I finally finished up the 60 Dryads for my Sylvaneth army and now my army of angry shrubbery are ready to descend upon the mortal realms.
It feels weird having all of the models I bought for an army completely painted.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:24 am

Wow, that looks really impressive! I especially like how you managed to add a variety of bright colours without losing the uniform look of the army.
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 am

Rouven wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:24 am
Wow, that looks really impressive! I especially like how you managed to add a variety of bright colours without losing the uniform look of the army.
Thank you. I wasn't sure about them when I started but in the end the grey bark with the Easter pastel colors worked really well.
This week while being unable to focus on a single project I worked on some Shattered Dominion bases for my Thousand Sons, and Plasma Conduits which out of all the industrial terrain has been the most boring to work on. In the weeks leading to the release of the Imperial Knight codex I will be trying to paint 4 Imperial Knights before the codex drops.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 am

This week I finished painting up 3 Imperial Knights. A Crusader, Errant, and a Questoris Knight Styrix all painted up in the colors of House Taranis adding to my warriors from Mars. If you could tell me where the missing leg guard on my Knight Errant is I would love to know.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:26 pm

wow you have some really cool stuff going on! Love the knights, and the sylvaneth especially

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:59 am

Guildenstern wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:26 pm
wow you have some really cool stuff going on! Love the knights, and the sylvaneth especially
Thanks. It was a lot of fun working on both armies. Using the upcoming Knight codex release I used it as motivation to update the paint scheme on my Knight Paladin to match the rest of army and get the Knight Lancer painted. One knight built and 4 painted in 2 weeks. I am burning thru my unpainted models this year. To celebrate I purchased an Armiger

The new House Taranis family photo