Signet - Weekly paint 2018.

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Signet - Weekly paint 2018.

Post by Signet-Powers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Well I have a sizable collection of models that I've amassed. So now I'm gonna be repainting them and updating them on a weekly basis at least to a Tabletop-ish level I'll be sticking with.

Hopefully these pictures won't dissapear like my last thread as I'm using a proper image host site. Apoligies for poor lighting in advance.

Anyway, first up, Bullgryns!
[+] Expand
And a little size comparrison if anyone's wondering how big they actually are.
[+] Expand
Starting on the actual Guardsmen I have to show these 3 Bolter Sargents:
[+] Expand
and this little showcase for the rest of the army
[+] Expand
A shotgun veteran as well, because I like how this shotgun looks:
[+] Expand
And finally, my modified Militarum Tempestus. Basically just cut off the cables and converted the scope into a Red Dot sight thingy. Also shaved off the armor skirts to look a bit less renaissance-era.
[+] Expand

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Signet - Weekly paint 2018.

Post by General-Kroll » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 am

Nice conversions on the storm troopers, it’s made them look a bit like the 90s originals. Which is cool.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:42 pm

General-Kroll wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 am
Nice conversions on the storm troopers, it’s made them look a bit like the 90s originals. Which is cool.
Thanks :) and yeah, I really like the look of the original stormtrooper models. Old but easily much better than the Inquisitorial stormtroopers or the Kasrkin models (I like the kasrkin design but when I bought the models themselves the sculpts are surprisingly poor quality :cry: ).

The new scions are very high quality sculpts, easily customissable and filled with bits for conversions.

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Yeah, the new kits look awesome to be fair, lots of lovely conversion bits for people wanting to make blanchitsu stuff too.

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:19 pm

They also have, undoubtedly, the best meltagun design.
[+] Expand

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 am

Technically not a week but Whatevs.

First off, Leman Russes, not entirely finished.
[+] Expand
Vanquisher's closest to being done, though still needs a few changes (mainly I overdid the dirt effects but then I did do it like a while back).
[+] Expand
Next up Rough Riders. Made using Cold ones and Scion bits. Cus I figue who's gonna be crazy enough to ride a giant raptor in normal Guard gear? You'd wanna be covered head to toe.
[+] Expand
ImageImage
Finally some Company Commanders and a Heavy weapon team.
[+] Expand
ImageImage
Only these 100 or so models left to go...
[+] Expand
Imagefun fact, this image got like 10 downvotes the moment I uploaded it to Imgur like 5 mins ago :roll: Guess I'll be sticking to private postings gn a from now on.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:36 am

Those rough riders are a really cool idea!
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Iguana1981
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Iguana1981 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

They would make awesome Eldar exodite mounts.
Chaos ~ 679PL/11998 Dark Angels ~ 282PL/5449 Tau ~ 121PL /2152 Eldar ~ 217PL/3828

Chrissmith785 on Instagram

Signet-Powers

Post by Signet-Powers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Little known fact but a week to the magical enchanted kingdom of England is actually 3 months to the rest of the world, so I'm actually not months late in updating this or anything like that- not at all.

Anyway, on we go:

First up the Leman Russes. You may have noticed I made the dirt effect a little better and have put it on all my vehicles now. The Vanqhishers paints a little too thick from being re-painted ten times since I was like 14.
[+] Expand
Some close-ups, starting with "Mrs. Compensator",
[+] Expand
"Dalek",
[+] Expand
...and finally "Mr Blue". (My favourite, the paint job turned out really well on him, it looks like he's die-cast from certain angles when you see it in person.
[+] Expand
The rest of my vehicles haven't really got nick-names as they're different types of vehicles and so never really needed any (plus I don't wanna confuse an opponent). There's still a couple of improvents I need to make to the Basilisk but for the most part they're all finished as far as I want them to be.
[+] Expand
ImageImageImage

Deathstrikes kinda poop in the game right now but I'm hoping it'll get better...ImageImage

Still working on fixing up the Valkyrie, hence no missiles right now. Used to be a Vendetta but that's IA only now. Missiles are expensive but it's an arial vehicle so its fine.Image
Vehicles aside, now for the Guardsmen. I havn't been twiddling my thimbs for all that time I've not been posting. Here's a better picture of my Guardsmen up close than the ones I took last time.
[+] Expand
ImageImageImage
And the whole platoon. First 3 layers are Flamer squads, second 3 layers behind that are plasma squads, then a Veteran squad with shotguns and the command squad/Commanders at the back. I'll have another proper picture of them tomorrow when the suns back out as the windowsill seems to be the only place I can get good lighting.
[+] Expand