Guildy's Weekly Paint #2018 Orkz, Stuffs, ???

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildy's Weekly Paint #2018 Orkz, Stuffs, ???

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Battlewagon done (not weathered yet):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfXSK0Dh1ts ... y=m4u5b41t

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfahbqAhpnd ... y=m4u5b41t

Started working on some Mek Gunz and converted some, also built some Skorchas tho I'm still waiting for hobby budget to build guns for a couple:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfeIk4LBBYn ... y=m4u5b41t

https://www.instagram.com/p/BffOt2YhoKZ ... y=m4u5b41t
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Current works:
Son's DE reinforcements, started a couple grot tanks, working on fungoid Shaman (weirdboy), and did some work on my not SM Imperial Paw Mouseling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfyG_6qBRRQ ... y=m4u5b41t

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf0xTc6B4MB ... y=m4u5b41t

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf0xkW7hW39 ... y=m4u5b41t

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfxFWBMB23Y ... y=m4u5b41t

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm

not being to upload my pics is a pita >< makes it tough to update this blog sigh

Feel like I'm just linking my instagram >< Hopefully I'll get a chance to sit down and figure out why I can't get my FTP to work. Anywho, in the mean time: instagram! :P

Fungoid done, except his squiggling and base:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgNH_TGj_TW ... y=m4u5b41t

Finished off some more Luna Wolves (trying to get enough to play 30k with some friends of mine):

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgc0nDyDTmq ... y=m4u5b41t

Finished my Battlewagon finally - needs its base yet, but otherwise it's complete (base is only because I don't want to worry about messing up the weathering)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgeeRC2DDZD ... y=m4u5b41t

And Skorchas:

(1) https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgeegksjpw5 ... y=m4u5b41t
(2) https://www.instagram.com/p/BgeeqZXDap2 ... y=m4u5b41t
(3) https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgee4fnDDrh ... y=m4u5b41t

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Guildenstern wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm
not being to upload my pics is a pita >< makes it tough to update this blog sigh
Are you able to use imgur at all? I use imgur.com and it works perfectly fine for uploading and linking pictures.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 pm

I have done in the past, it's just a bit of a pita on my comp (doesn't seem to like it for some reason) but may end up being my go to at this rate!

Spent the weekend feeling ill so not a ton done =/ Plus I just found out my truck needs four new tires ARGGH. When it rains, and all that.

On a good note, I did start putting together my Promethium Refinery for my Forge WOrld table. REALLY cool kit definitely worth it. Very modular in and of itself> Little bit like lego, with the ways you can arrange the walk ways etc.

Koonitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Guildenstern wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 pm
Plus I just found out my truck needs four new tires ARGGH. When it rains, and all that.
I gotchu covered.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 pm

LMAO you and Dez man ... lol

If Only!

My God I'd LOVE to orkify my truck =D it's a dream of mine...

someday....

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Eh RL sucks sometimes.

Had to get a new video card for my comp, as old one died. Really just a spare we had on hand atm, with only one working fan so I'm hoping it doesn't overheat ><

I have been getting a lot of stuff done, just not posted too much, except on instagram/twitter.

Pretty much got Playboy his codex for Drukhari (sigh lol he's kicking my butt), made him some Trueborn from Sisters and Kabalite parts, primed all the Forgeworld Mechanicus terrain, got more Luna Wolves assembled (for 30k), a couple rhino/razorbacks and I'm starting a Landraider for the Luna Wolves.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 pm

wow sadly my update looks a lot like my last update lol

Basically, did more on my huge pile of Forgeworld (Sector Mechanicus) terrain, more on my Luna Wolves, and some on my son's stuff.

I was hoping to get in a 30k game, but sadly I got called in to work the day of the game =/ Playing with some friends up in Atlanta so it's not really easy to just drop everything and get a pick up game. Not really sure about my list yet, I basically have a landraider, 4 rhinos, and two boxes of BaC minis. I also have a box of BoP but they're out at a friend's atm, and I'm not sure when I'm getting them back (long story).

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed May 02, 2018 5:08 pm

quasi update -

gotta commission to paint up some 3D printed terrain tiles for a fella for his Catan game. They're kinda crap printing but doin my best, so far he's been happy with the updates so I guess all is well.

not bad for a first (not local) commission!

Hoping to actually get em done this weekend and ship them out next week <fingers crossed>

per usual luck, fighting with airbrush(es) - got em all primed etc but I need to varnish them well.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu May 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Not sure If I remembered to mention:

I gotta Stompa =D

Dying to work on it but it's the end of the school year, so the pre-k's really busy and I need to finish these tiles, but Soon (tm)!

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Thu May 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Guildenstern wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:30 pm
Not sure If I remembered to mention:

I gotta Stompa =D

Dying to work on it but it's the end of the school year, so the pre-k's really busy and I need to finish these tiles, but Soon (tm)!
That's called a "reward" project!
Armies:

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Right!?!

Such a cool model. Doubtful I'll ever use him, but still.

Did a bit of running around this weekend, that's about it, got my #2 son, Playboy, up to Atlanta to visit Georgia State. He's already been admitted just waiting on financial aid, though they could tell us, he does get his tuition covered by the Hope, just needs to come up with his housing (which is a lot, though it *is* Atlanta).

Not much gaming or other hobbying, just working on the commission which is almost done, except for varnishing.

Hubby got some more shots in his back - this time they seem to be working, at least.

Guildenstern

Luna Wolves and Ork stuffs

Post by Guildenstern » Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm

So here's my WIP piles atm:

Shelf o Shame: (technically a tray)

And the Luna Wolves (also some Iron hands in there for my eventual Dark Mechanicum army):

And the to be build pile:

which includes the fabled Stompa! Also (hail) Hydras (3), a Chimera, two boxes of Killa Kanz, Ork Lootas, 2 Ork Mek gunz and something else I've forgotten atm. I may start splitting some of these up into my (eventual) Grot Army Regiment.

I just finished my commission and the mini for my Reaper spring exchange partner so hopefully once I get more work done on my Luna Wolves, I can get really stuck into my Orks again!

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Tue May 08, 2018 4:06 pm

I have a similar problem... I have 5 rotor cannon Marines, 5 plasma gun marines, a Sicaran Venator, Land Raider, Leviathan dread, breacher squad, Forge Lord consul, Praevian consul, and plenty of Age of Sigmar Tzeentch models to make and paint.

While at the FLGS, I saw a single little hand-held bit in a kit that I super-wanted, and now I have a "Stormcast Vanguard" get started kit and a box of Gryph-hounds, because hippogryphs. (The bit being an astral compass I REALLY wanted formy Thousand Sons praevian consul).

IT'S SO HARD NOT TO!
Armies: