Sperian's #theweeklypaint ... late to the party

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sperian
Now we're getting somewhere...

Sperian's #theweeklypaint ... late to the party

Post by Sperian » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello all!

It's been a few months :D I've been quite busy so not done much painting but have put a few things on Instagram, all of my previous posts/photos got deleted from my WIP thread so I decided to have a little break from the forums... but now I am back!

Here are a few pics of my old minis (as the previous ones have all disappeared!)

[+] Expand
Warboss

Weirdboy

Big Meks

Badrukk

Looted Goiliath

So... here's some new stuff!

Nob with Waagh! Banner

Warboss in Eavy armour

Skorcha

And a Taurox for my Scion army that I have just started

Lots more projects in progress

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Re: Sperian's #theweeklypaint ... late to the party

Post by Munin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:33 am

It's good to have you back, Sperian!!!

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Welcome back dude. That Taurox looks cracking.

Sperian

Post by Sperian » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks both!

My.next project is going to be a looted Redemptor Dreadnaught (as a Deff Dredd) because i love the new model and its posability (my friend has an Imperial fists one he has just finished)

My FLGS was all out so i was unable to get one for the weekend but decided to build a klaw in preparation for when i can get one from some platicard and bitz, i will probably paint it seperately and stick it on afterwards

My favourite parts are the platicard tubes to make the pistons and i was quite pleased with the klaw too. The 2 black claws are toes from the Gorkanaut kit and the thumb claw is one of the spikes from the stompa kit trimmed down a bit.

I also used one of my favourite spare bitz which is the wrecking ball arm and chain from the trukk kit to make the mechanism inside the had to look like gears and chains to operate the claw :D

Overall this took about 3 hours

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 pm

I love the creativity ork players have, like you and Guildenstern. That claw looks great!
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Man Sperian so jealous of how you make that look so natural!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:29 am

Great work, as always! What did you use to make those pistons?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 am

*Mr.Know-it-all-mode on*
LordMcAllister wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:29 am
Great work, as always! What did you use to make those pistons?
Sperian wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm
My favourite parts are the pla[s]ticard tubes to make the pistons [...]
*Mr.Know-it-all-mode off*
:lol:
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Sperian

Post by Sperian » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:13 am

Tankbusta Nob kitbash

I was quite pleased with how the gun came out, its just a Nob slugga with some flash git gun parts added, the head is a Mega Nob head, all my tankbustas have red helmets to make them stand out but i hate painting red so i added the blue checks to the middle to break it up. I repositioned both arms with greenstuff to open up his pose a bit because i didnt like how the arms looked. Other than that i just chopped a rocket in half to stick it in his spare hand and added some ammo and a bomb to his back.

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 pm

He’s really cool, I especially like the little visor on his helmet. The bomb on his back looks awesome too.

Sperian

Post by Sperian » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi All

Ive been busy painting some minis for a boardgame called Gloomhaven, a bit of a break from 40k. The difference in quality from these minis to GW is quite noticeable and i wish that id spent more time tidying them up before priming, but here they are...

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:05 pm

OMg NON ORK models?! /me faints

heheh they look cool though!

There's a definite, if sometimes undefinable, divide between minis made for wargaming, and those made for boardgames. Although sometimes the boardgame minis are a lot closer to miniwargaming quality. Anyway, looking forward to more!

Sperian

Post by Sperian » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi All

Finished my Meka Dredd conversion!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 pm

So freakin cool!!!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:10 am

Guildenstern wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 pm
So freakin cool!!!
+1!!!!

This looks absolutly amazing! You really did a great job, especially considering, that you actually build many of the pieces from scratch! I like the joystick the ork is holding to operate the Dread, it's a very nice touch!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”