Marit Lage's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Marit Lage's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Marit Lage » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Got to play in the Fate of Konor campaign on Friday. I was able to get in two games, one at 1,500 and one at 2,000. Unfortunately, both against Tau. Or fortunently, since neither one of them could kill my units of cultists with the Tide of Traitors strategem continuously replacing them. Abaddon is also hilariously punchy still.

Game 1: 2,000 pts, Fate of Konor mission 5. Result-
Chaos victory.
[+] Expand
Game 2: 1,500 pts, Open War mission. Result- Chaos victory.
[+] Expand
A unit of 30 Cultists, completely painted!
[+] Expand
Figured out how to differentiate different units of cultists: Chaos stars! Still short 2 Cultist Champions, but hopefully I'll be able to change that.
[+] Expand
Painted up all the different types of close combat cultists to get a feel for it.
[+] Expand
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Marit Lage
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Guess what I've got this week- more Cultists! That picture I took of the full unit was awful, so I took another picture to make it look better. I also ruined some of my Cultists with my varnish as well.
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 am

They look really good! I feel your pain about the varnish :( been there done that =/ such a pain.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 pm

The World Burner wakes...
[+] Expand

More pictures tomorrow, since I've got the day off.
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am

Ooooooohhhhhh YES! :D
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:29 pm

I love the Chaos versions of the Reaver and Warhound. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Did assembly on the torso today in two stages- the center fans, and the other reactor half. The next thing I have to do is still holes into the sides of the torso to attach the weapon mounts. I'm going to magnetize the weapon arms on him, so I can have all the weapon options eventually. The next thing I'd like to get is a plasma blastgun and a Vulcan megabolter for carapace weapons, and maybe a melta cannon. Currently, I've got an apocalypse missile launcher, a gatling blaster, and a chaos power claw.

Took stock on all the parts of the Reaver, and I still have everything over a year later. Honestly, that's what I was most afraid of.
[+] Expand
Painted up the faceplate this weekend, and man, ice forgotten how big he is. I'm going to have to get some cheap brushes for all these flat areas.
[+] Expand
Also got to play a few games with a buddy of mine who's also getting back into the hobby. In the last couple of weeks, he's painted up the last parts of his army, including an Obelisk (and that thing is mean as hell on the tabletop).
[+] Expand
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 pm

With Irma looming over the state, I'm gonna do as much as I can before the storm hits. Thankfully, since it's supposed to skirt the coast instead of making mincemeat of the state, I might only lose power for a day or two.

Some more work on World Burner's head; it's now complete:
[+] Expand
Chaos Lords got their fancy new bases:
[+] Expand
ImageImage
And the bases that are left. The ones on the right are complete, the ones in the center are still being worked on, and the ones on the left haven't got a basecoat yet:
[+] Expand
ImageImage
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:20 am

Just a brief update after Irma:

Still no power, so that means no painting until that's fixed, since I've been staying until almost dark since Monday to help recovery. The Econolockhatchee river went up ten feet from Friday to Monday, and flooding along its bank is rampant.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some painting soon. I'll be taking tomorrow off since I've been getting sick. I'll try to update soon.
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Glad to hear you are OK man! The fact that you're in Florida totally slipped my mind! :oops:

Hope you can get power back soon, crazy stuff this hurricane business.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 pm

I'm back to a normal schedule and with power, so that means I'm going to try and update regularly. I finally finished that second squad of cultists, giving me two finished units of 30 to use with Abaddon. I wish I could.use them other than with him, but the lack of ability to mitigate morale losses forces his usage. I might try 6 units of ten when I'm using the Biker or Juggernaut Lords, and run a Battalion detachment or two doing so.

I ordered three base sets for sector Imperialis, but they've yet to arrive. If anyone is interested in trading for the 90mm ovals or the 40mm round bases for 25mm or ones or Chaos Space Marines heads, please let me know. I'm going to have way too many, to the tune of 60 or so.

60 Cultists and the only thing making them good:
[+] Expand
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 am

They look great though, I really like the leather masks. Remind me of some of the stuff from the Gaunt's ghosts books.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:58 am

That's really a whole lot of painted cultists! :o Kudos to you!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Got a copy of Dark Vengeance to get Cultist champions and to use the Chosen as Exalted Champions. I didn't know this, but apparently the seventh edition version of it came with the Aspiring Champion model, which is pretty nifty. Another friend mine is starting to take the plunge into the hobby, and after I assemble and clean up the Dark Angels models, I'll be gifting those to him (he loves the idea of paranoid Space Marines).

Oh, and I spilled all of my Sepia wash today, so no more inking until Friday when I go to play games. Hopefully the Forge World index comes so I can finally use my Hell Blades.

I'll have pictures later this week, but I've been assembling and painting like crazy lately.
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Assembled an entire Dark Vengeance set over the week, and finished up what will be an Exalted Champion, and some Chaos Bikers. Gotta paint two more regular ones and I'll have a unit of five.
[+] Expand
ImageImage
[+] Expand
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”