General-Kroll's Weekly Paint 2017 The Return!

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: General-Kroll's Weekly Paint 2017 The Return!

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm

lovin it, eventually I'm going to get one to orkify, I think.

Really enjoying yours vicariously ^_^
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Guildenstern wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm
lovin it, eventually I'm going to get one to orkify, I think.

Really enjoying yours vicariously ^_^

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:55 pm

General-Kroll wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:25 am
I’m almost tempted to try and get one of the forgeworld Knights now...
Personally, I believe the Cerastus Knight models are the singular most enjoyable GW/FW models I've ever built and painted. The customizability of pose means every single model can be dynamically and uniquely posed and you can have so much fun doing it. The GW models have nothing on them.

If you can find an excuse to get one, I strongly recommend it.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:12 am

Koonitz wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:55 pm
General-Kroll wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:25 am
I’m almost tempted to try and get one of the forgeworld Knights now...
Personally, I believe the Cerastus Knight models are the singular most enjoyable GW/FW models I've ever built and painted. The customizability of pose means every single model can be dynamically and uniquely posed and you can have so much fun doing it. The GW models have nothing on them.

If you can find an excuse to get one, I strongly recommend it.
I’m sure at some point I will give into my temptations and get one of the big Knights, the one I’m most tempted by is the Atropos.

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member

Post by General-Kroll » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Put some transfers on the Knight this afternoon, boy are these Aquilas difficult to get straight. I ruined two of them, so had to resort to alternative transfers on the left hand pauldron.
[+] Expand

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:49 am

hate transfers, hate em!

yours look great though =D Love how he's coming along

Do you do names for em and backstories?

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member

Post by General-Kroll » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I do like to make a little backstory for my armies usually yeah. I’ve not settled on anything definite for the Knight yet, but so far I want her to be the last loyal knight left from her household, hunting down her former brethren who turned traitor and making them pay for their crimes. Her machine spirit is quite particular about who is allowed to pilot the Knight, or even who is allowed to perform maintenance, hence all the rust and damage. I’ve got plans to make up some serfs to aid the Knight, one of which will be on her base. I will probably use Acolyte rules for any others I make.

Once I’ve finished painting her, maybe I will post a more detailed backstory.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Love it! I love stories like that esp for the bigger models.

I'm not so into it for all the rest of the army as some are (space marines in particular seem prone to that). But if a particular model has a funny or exciting thing happen in game I go with that. So I basically have a lot of blank slates til the characters 'earn' their names.

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 pm

That's one good looking Knight so far! Especially the decal and rust.

I look forward to seeing the full thing.