Dheiti's Weekly Paint 2017 v2.0

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Dheiti's Weekly Paint 2017 v2.0

Post by Dheiti » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 am

Looks like a mid-year fresh start for me lol!

First up, my recent deathmatch entry! I took photos of each layer stage. Because... why not!

Incoming mega picture spam!

Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Dheiti's Weekly Paint 2017 v2.0

Post by Nappen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:46 am

I like picture spam....

some of them are pretty dark though :(

Anyway, good to see you back up and running.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:30 am

They were all taken at different times of day! My desk lamp is currently bulbless so it's whatever light was outside/the rooms light lol
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

This week:

Built my Solitaire for the July Deathmatch!

And began the Death Guard characters....

..... and Bloat Drone and Poxwalkers!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:02 pm

OOHH Nurgle goodness. Sorry to hear about the loss of pictures. Still guess some Spr..Errr Summer cleaning was in order. Don't want the Inquisition finding out after all.

The Drone looks like its going to be a ton of fun to paint. Also saving the Lord of Contagion for last?

And uh, dumb question here. Whats A Solitaire? Like the Model looks cool but I can't say ive seen it.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Love the solitaire model.

It is a Harlequin HQ. Sort of the messenger/representative of the laughing God. Plays him in the "shows" but they walk alone and apart. Lots of good fluff on them in the old harlequin codex.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:19 am

What Nappen said! + they're good fun on the table! Huge amount of attacks, and Blitz is just mean...
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:19 am

This week has been:

Continuing my death Guard characters - done all the power armour layers and edging, Metallics next!

And finished the last 2 minis for my pathfinder group! We now have a full set of our mini rpg selves!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:37 am

My second nail polish stand finally arrived! All my paints are finally organised!! (Until I buy more and need a third...)

Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:34 pm

That is awesome, I ended up buying one of the Wooden Army painter paint stands personally. Probably more expensive but I must admit the thing is very sturdy.

And more points? Pfffff, never...
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:36 am

Looks great. If I had a permeant paint station I would do the same. For the last couple of years I have been working on my cutting mat on the living room foot rest :)

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:29 am

Oh mines not permanent! It's the dining room table lol! This way I've just got to pick them up and put them somewhere, and not have to sift through a sea of pots for the one I want!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:35 am

which stand did you get?

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 am

Dropped you a pm with it :D
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:20 pm

On a building spree at the moment!

Tonight's, A Starweaver and a Death Jester!

Wife out tomorrow night so hoping to build the second Starweaver in between layers for this months Deathmatch! Up against Kroll... gotta bring the AAA++ game lol!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins