Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint 2017

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Well, Its been a while since I've been here, and about as long since I've picked up a brush. But since the announcement of 8th edition, it seemed like a good time to get back into things and start the Tyranids that I have been putting off for so long.

Here is some WiP shots, mostly done, just need some touch-ups and bases.

Venomthrope

Hormagaunts

Any C&C is appreciated.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint 2017

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks! I was going for something relatively quick / easy that wouldn't crush my soul when having to paint dozens of models.
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:08 am

Sarkastik wrote:Thanks! I was going for something relatively quick / easy that wouldn't crush my soul when having to paint dozens of models.
Seems like you found a perfect painting scheme for that! A nice, quick and effectiv painting scheme! Perfect for a hordes army like Tyranids!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks! Im rather enjoying it.

Got an order in the other day, picked up a tervigon and some termagants to flesh out my nids a little more, and so far, the gants are built and primed, and the tervigon is half-built.

On the weekend I got poking around for some bits and ended up stumbling across something: 1500 points worth of Grey Knights that I had forgotten about... so they are getting a fresh coat of paint! Hopefully ill get a chance to get some pics up soon.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 am

Sarkastik wrote:On the weekend I got poking around for some bits and ended up stumbling across something: 1500 points worth of Grey Knights that I had forgotten about... so they are getting a fresh coat of paint!
That's quite a treasure you've found!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:56 am

Its amazing what you can just forget about! I had originally picked them up when they finally released the plastic kits... so they've been around for a while.

I ended up getting some work done on my Tyranids, built and basecoated the Tervigon and did a bunch of work on some termagants, but im not entirely sure about the gun color:

What do you guys think? Does the purple work?

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:50 am

I think the purple works quite well. I'd even suggest to use the purple for the tongues of your Nids. Might look nice on your Hormagaunts and bind them together with the armed Termagaunts.
Painted in 2017:

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 am

Oooo.. I like that idea... ill try that tonight! Thanks!!

I did some work on the Tervigon last night, mostly just basecoating, but there is still a lot more left.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Well, its been a bit since I have posted an update, as things have been pretty busy.

I have, however, been able to do some work on my nids, and even acquired a few more...

I also picked up a toxicrene... and did some work on his base:

I was going for a impact-into-sand look, and hopefully once its painted, it will convey it a bit better than just primed in white.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:25 am

Just a quick update, as I havent been doing a whole lot on the hobby front lately.

I recently received some aquarium plants that I had ordered for my nid bases and managed to get a few done. Still have 4 hormagaunts to do, and then will start in on the termagants.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:06 am

I like the effect that the plants give. As well as the contrasting colours making it simple and easy for people to identify the model on the base (and the terrifying aspect of the fighters on the ground seeing the creatures darting through the plants as they approach).
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:58 am

I agree with Koonitz, it's a very nice contrast! Though I'd be worried about it making handling a horde of hormagaunts a bit difficult on the battlefield, especially when piling in?
Painted in 2017:

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 am

I just ordered a few aquarium plants. :D
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 5 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:23 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:58 am
I agree with Koonitz, it's a very nice contrast! Though I'd be worried about it making handling a horde of hormagaunts a bit difficult on the battlefield, especially when piling in?
Hormagaunts are already a pain in the butt on the table when piling in, worse than pretty much everything but maybe Necron Wraiths. I don't think the plants change that too much. Plus they look rad.

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”