SweetSorrows 2017 Weekly Paint - Lets go

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: SweetSorrows 2017 Weekly Paint - Lets go

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Didn't get much done but put some things together, including the Sternguard for my pledge plus some so there is that. Anywho this is probably my last batch of stuff before my convention unless I decide to try out the white tomorrow.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Well, may or may not put pictures up today. Kind of really feeling out of it a bit after getting back from my trip.
Got a Dreadnought done and worked some on my deathmatches and was trying a technique for painting Deathguard but am just not feeling up to fighting photobucket today.

Upside looks like I'll get all of my deathmatches done, if it at variable quality however >.<

Also, the Humdity here has made my White Scars Captain very sad ;-; His Basecoat bubbled and just completely butchered the detail so I have to strip and re-basecoat him eventually. On the upside maybe when I do that I can give the new airbrush I bought at the convention a first time try.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:59 am

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Cries. didnt come out as well as id hope but I was trying a ton of new techniques on them and it kind of well..you see..I feel the pictures kind of say it all.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:45 am

Just keep trying new stuff :)

Sorry about the humidity...I hate when stuff bubbles

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:33 am

It's better to try and learn than not try at all! Credit where it's due! Keep plodding on and technique will come in time! If you look at your first mini to where you are now, there'll be a world of improvement!
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Picked up my New Desert Wraiths and their paints to day. Will be putting them together and Priming them tonight. Helping a friend move tomorrow so we shall see if I have time to get some guys in progress. Hopefully I may have some pictures in the next few days for you all. I am realllyyyy excited about them however.

Also grabbed My Celestial Spectres start as well for the oldie but goodie marines, they will be a bit slower though as I have a lot of armor and vehicles and those are going to take a bit more time to paint. And put together....But I am looking to have some cool things done before school starts back up next month now that my Eldar are finished and knocked out of the way.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 am

Hope it is going well.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Ooh those sound cool SweetSorrow! Looking forward to seeing your stuffs :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Wellll, no power for the past week was a bummer. However got a large protion of desert wraiths done
Going to have to put up the deathmatch thread first though since im now so behind before i get my marine up however..

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:30 am

I hear you. So many projects, so little time.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 am

yikes no power is sucky! Glad it's back
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”