Koonitz's (it really is, kinda) Weekly Thread #2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Koonitz's (it really is, kinda) Weekly Thread #2017

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 am

Cheap painting tricks aside: Your Tzaangors (I believe that's what they are called) are looking great so far! I'm really looking forward to the finished army! Did you wash the metal parts in Druchii Violet? I really like the look of it!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:23 am

LordMcAllister wrote:Cheap painting tricks aside: Your Tzaangors (I believe that's what they are called) are looking great so far! I'm really looking forward to the finished army! Did you wash the metal parts in Druchii Violet? I really like the look of it!
Thanks. Yes, I did. Leadbelcher, Druchii violet, runefang steel.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Koonitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:42 am

Finally actually finished the 5 needed for my weekly pledge (the last picture on my rant had three models with bases not quite completed, so it didn't count!). The other 5 in the background are well on their way and hopefully will be done tomorrow.
[+] Expand
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:27 am

They look nice so far, but how about a closeup on at least one of them? I might be getting old, but I can't figure out any details and as they do seem well done, I'd like to get a better look at them!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:22 am

Personally, I found the joke pretty funny, :lol: but aside from that, I love your Tzaangors! They look very good! I would also like a closer look on them. I'm not old and I don't see the details very well.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:39 am

Yeah, well, I'm old and I can see them just fine... When I zoom in on the picture on my phone... I'm not at home, so I can't take another picture. Just cropped the existing one for now.
[+] Expand
Armies:

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm

I'd love to find out how old each of you really is. :P :wink:
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 5 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:18 am

I finished my Tzaangors earlier in the week. I decided the color I was going for the base was just too brightly yellow, so I opted against it beyond the trim.
[+] Expand
Armies:

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Finished up the 7 'Rubric' Marines, to be used as Legion Veteran Tacticals in my 30k army. They were a bit of a treat, as I was able to get my hands on some Forge World clear red airbrush paint and the help of a friend and his airbrush to get these done. The unpainted models will be the final "Rubric" squad for the SloGro.
[+] Expand
Thinking of doing a glowing orange (flame) effect on the sergeant's pointing finger. In 30k, the squad can have brotherhood of psykers, in 40k, the aspiring sorc has smite, so he could have a flaming finger pistol, which pleases me to absolutely no end.
Rouven wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm
I am 35.
Armies:

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Your 30k tactical/40k Rubrics look very nice. The fire effect on the sergeant hand is a very good idea. I can't wait to see it!
Rouven wrote:
I'm 29. And you? :)

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Looks like everyone's getting hit by Photobucket. Guess they must be tired of being used as a free picture share website. To imgur until they do the same thing! (So I just went to Photobucket on a separate browser because Firefox doesn't like the site due to shutting Adobe Flash out and oh my god, the ads! How could anyone stand that website with the ads?!)

After getting my rubrics completed, I opted to take a break as I still need to get the last two pieces of my 500 point army airbrushed by my friend. So, instead, I spent a bit of time working on my "treat to myself" for the SloGro, which will be added next month.
[+] Expand
Armies:

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:26 am

Koonitz wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:20 pm
Looks like everyone's getting hit by Photobucket. Guess they must be tired of being used as a free picture share website. To imgur until they do the same thing! (So I just went to Photobucket on a separate browser because Firefox doesn't like the site due to shutting Adobe Flash out and oh my god, the ads! How could anyone stand that website with the ads?!)
Yeah, I will have to switch to imgur as well. And you're so right about the ads on Photobucket! It was driving me crazym so much that I lost the motivation for updating my WiP thread. It made me install an ad blocker because the video ads slowed my computer down way too much. The sudden policy change is just pushing me to switch faster to imgur.

And your Sicaran tank destroyer looks really good. I can't wait to see it in the TS colors.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:12 am

love that tank!

switching from photobucket, as well.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:36 am

Kovlovsky wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:27 pm
Rouven wrote:
I'm 29. And you? :)
From what I've read so far, I can see that I've to consider myself as "old". I'm 36.
I'm looking forward to seeing the tank when it's done.
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 5 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Got A tank done. Sadly, not THE tank, 'cause that can't be painted until August. I now have everything for my SloGro army's 500 point phase painted except Captain Herihor. Sadly, we ran out of FW's clear airbrush red paint, so I couldn't complete the Captain, just yet.
[+] Expand
I'm not terribly pleased with the gold stripes down the sides of the exhaust stacks (even used painters tape and it didn't work). May end up doing the entire stack gold, instead.
Armies:

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”