Adrillf's Weekly Paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Adrillf
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Adrillf's Weekly Paint

Post by Adrillf » Mon May 22, 2017 3:41 am

This week was less painting and more construction. Part of it is because of the ebay armies that I bought second hand, the models I have left to paint, really aren't that useful. The other part of it is that these boxes of figures have been sitting around in my office for WAY too long, and I wanted to finally empty them out and have them on a table.
[+] Expand
The total count of assembly goes a little something like this -

5 occult terminators
3 exalted sorcerers
Magnus the Red
and then two start collecting tzeentch daemons box (2 chariots, 6 screamers (plus the three from last week for 9 total), 6 flamers, 20 pink horrors, 2 heralds).

My goal for the next week is to prime the entire mob of everything above, and then finish off my raptors that I've been procrastinating not doing over the past month or so.

Adrillf
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Adrillf » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:17 am

Wow, I've been putting this off. To hop back onto the bus, here's what's been going on since that point. I've got my raptors finished, and I've based Magnus and blocked colors in his wings (we're going to go from blue to purple, to red, to orange, to yellow) and I'm questioning my sanity with that much color blending in such a large area.
[+] Expand
To keep my sanity, I've been working on my possessed. I'm not sending out a picture of them because of the very simple fact that they don't look anywhere close to finished and rough pictures aren't worth dealing with.

Adrillf
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Adrillf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Summer was a nice break for me, but with school starting back up, and trying to avoid grading at all cost, I'm going to most likely be posting in here a hair more. I took a serious break from painting, so most of the things that I was still in a work in progress level over back in my last post are still a work in progress. Here's what Magnus looks like nows days. All I have to do on him is fix his horns/claws, do a bit of edge highlighting in his wings, do color transitions in all of his fabric, sort out the flaming ball of doom on his weapon, and figure out what I'm going to do with his right hand, actually paint the mech he's standing on, and then I THINK I'll almost be done. The big work is done, now it's mainly smaller details that I get to stress out over.
[+] Expand
The goal is by the end of the year, be completely done with all of the mortals of my Tzeentch army (I'm counting Magnus as a mortal). All I have left are some chosen, possesed, occult terminators, a rhino, and some sorcerers, and then I'm finished. Then, hopefully, 2018 will be entirely dedicated to doing nothing but the demons.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Looking at your initial models, I was struck by how colorful they were, and how familiar. After thinking for a while, it struck me that they remind me of the color schemes of Chaos back in second edition 40k. Bravo, and keep up the good work!
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians