Kroll's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Kroll's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Hehe I have a set waiting in its box, to be painted and played as well - lovely set! Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

I didn't have too much of a problem with the kit (yes I had two boxes) for my HH guys tho. I agree about the bolters tho! hate those mold lines. And to drill them I had to push in a pointy bit, to start the small drill, and then use a larger drill after drilling a pilot hole. Quite a few steps tbh.

Otherwise no problem but then I'm used to Malifaux now...

How are you going to do the metallic red? Wondering because I've had a horrible time not leaving brushstrokes when doing something simliar :(
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:51 pm

ooooh yeah! totally worth it.

I agree with the airbrushing - I've not tried it yet myself but it looks like the only way to go!

Lovely work! can't wait to see how the rest turn out

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:30 pm

what if you tried to do a gloss coat over it first? I mean the parts that need to be repainted another colour?

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 pm

I love your Pre Heresy Thousand Sons mate! It sounds that your technique for making the red shine is a total success! Your Eldars also look promising. :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 pm

ooh liking that purply pink!

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”