Drsergens weeklypaint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Drsergens weeklypaint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Oh yeah I can see how you'd think that now, I just have seen the model before so it helps.

Those malifaux models can be so small it's hard to tell! I painted Lenny's hat as if it had a top when apparently it was broken, there was no top, it was his head I had painted over lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:14 pm

i dont know alot about malifuax. .. . i dont even know who lenny is.
got a new model today and an awesome boardgame to play with my 6yo.

pics and stuff to come
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:26 pm

drsergen wrote:i dont know alot about malifuax. .. . i dont even know who lenny is.
He's Carl's best friend! Here is his face :mrgreen: :

These are awesome minis in the making BTW! I like your "nudist" especially! :wink:
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

i seem to get horribly sidetracked and never post pictures of finished models but its because i start painting them and than wanna work on my skills before i finish the models so i start working on models i care less about. so here are two different models only primed i took the photos with my CAMERA not my phone. i had some problems with the shadows because i dont have alot of lights to have pointed from different angles ill have to use a flashlight or something to try and remove shadows next time i take pictures. its also very hard to see them on the tiny camera screen before i upload them i deleted alot before i chose these ones to show you guys. but i took these with my camera because i wanted to show my primed models in the interest of discovering where my paint gets "thick" and in my opinion these are great... some of the metal shows through but barely any. and there's no thickness from my priming i used a paint on primer because i tried tons of spray primers but because of the cold and stuff and different weather issues i seem ot heave year round weather cold wind or humidity during the summer makes the spray paint ... unpleasing as a priming method. and this leave a way thiner coat and does seem to ruin the details.

anyways heres the pics... oh and a pic of the camera im using.

Horgle Ironstrike (i dont need him for a list but i got him at a steal and i do have a trolbloods army)

and a Zerat hacker for my MAF

oh and can someone please tell me how to make the images i post in my thread smaller .... please they are just enormous when i post them.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:32 am

drsergen wrote:oh and can someone please tell me how to make the images i post in my thread smaller .... please they are just enormous when i post them.
I usually change the size of my pictures by using a software for picture editing like Photoshop (expensive) or Irfanview (for free).
But since you seem to use Photobucket, you could also use it to resize your pictures. Just choose one of the pictures you have already uploaded and click on "edit" (in the top right corner of your picure). After that you'll see icons for a number of tools that you can use to edit the picture - one of them is "resize".
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 10 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines, 10 Plaguebearers

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 am

i dont use photobucket thats what i used to use i use imgur now. and i didnt realize change the image size changed the size it got posted at i assumed it would just be as big and scaled up or something.

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”