Aegis' Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Aegis' Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Beautiful!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm

As I am closing in on finishing the Imperial Fist commission, I wanted to get a small head start on my next project: an Ultramarine escalation league force! Guilliman in there just to show off a future addition, not an initial add. I definitely do not want to be 'That Guy'.

Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Hey Everyone!

So I am doing a bit of rebranding, as well as media consolidation. This is because I am starting to do some video content!

I have set up a Youtube channel under the name of Aegisbrand Studios (check it out here!

Pretty soon, the Facebook page will go through the same rebrand, and hopefully, I will even have a fancy new logo!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:49 am

I am very happy to have my first squad of Ultramarines ready to go, along with a terminator captain. They were surprisingly refreshing to paint, probably because they were not yellow.

As usual, more shots on my Facebook page. Enjoy!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:16 am

Love your painting.

Hope to see you playing some games again :)

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 pm

@Nappen: Thanks! It is always nice to hear that others are enjoying it.

I am back with some more updates! Over the past week, I painted up about 45 space marines, assorted Ultramarines and Imperial Fists. The Ultra's are for me, but the Fists are finishing up a commission.

Hopefully you enjoy them!

And the Ultramarines!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:44 am

Always amazed by people who can paint yellow like that. The look awesome.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Nappen wrote:Always amazed by people who can paint yellow like that. The look awesome.
Well, it is kind of convenient I just completed my yellow power armour tutorial! See the link below.

Also, if anyone knows how to embed video's here, I would love the help. I cannot figure it out for the life of me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDGhGNIFmQM

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:21 pm

I have been putting sometime into Guilliman lately, since I am ahead of the game on my Escalation force. I have gone a bit against the grain on the GW paint scheme, trying to reduce the amount of gold, and even some of the blue. I am liking it so far, but it may not be everyone's taste...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:20 am

I like the amount of gold you have going. I am interested in how the helmet comes out. Right now that is where my eye keeps going.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 am

I'm really looking forward to the completion of your Primarch! Perhaps you can photoshop a little montage afterwards, placing your painted mini next to the GW-Version for comparison! I'd really like that.
I believe painting the helmet in red is quite a good way to draw attention towards it and I like the look of it. Though I don't know if I'd be daring enough to do this, for fluff reasons.
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:42 am

Guilliman is all painted up! All in all, I enjoyed painting the model, even if it did take quite some time (more than I am accustomed to putting into a single, non-display, model). As always, more images are available on my Facebook page,
Aegisbrand Studios.

In addition, I am currently working on a video on how I painted the flaming sword, which will be going up on my Youtube channel

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Looks beautiful! I don't much care for this model, but you've done a fantastic job on him.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:00 am

Wow, he looks so much better with a red helmet! :o Really makes the head stand out and draws attention towards it. Great paintjob!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”