Aegis' Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Aegis' Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Aegis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:16 am

So, I kind of dropped off around the summer, as I dived into a 6 month contract that took a lot of my time... But, with the new year, I figure why not try this again!

As usual, I usually have more images, along progress shots and the like collected on my Facebook page

To start, I found this wonderful model. I need to go back and hit up the eyes again, but so much of it came together

Next up, I have making my way through the TMNT boardgame, and got the Shredder painted up and ready for the table

Last up, and this one is still a bit of a WiP, but I needed to get as much done on her as possible before a attending a local tournament last week
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Aegis' Weekly Paint 2017

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:01 am

Very nice models indeed! Did you get around playing the turtles game yet? If so, how does it fare?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:49 pm

@Dheiti: An unofficial one, yeah. I found it from a seller on ebay. If you do a search for final fantasy 32mm you should be able to find the listing. It gets restocked every so often. Just make sure you are not looking at the 54mm one.

@LordMcAllister: Sadly, I have not yet gotten it on the table, mostly due to a bit of a dismantling of my boardgame group back in November. I do have an upcoming gathering, so I am thinking about running an open hand play through on my own to get the rules down.

And, since the Shredder went over well...

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:20 am

Out of my memory I'd say you've perfectly captured the different colours of the turtles. They are looking great! I especially like the feeling of depth on "Donatello".

Oh and please stop tempting me to buy and paint stuff! You did the same with "Imperial Assault" to me...
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:05 am

LordMcAllister wrote:Out of my memory I'd say you've perfectly captured the different colours of the turtles. They are looking great! I especially like the feeling of depth on "Donatello".

Oh and please stop tempting me to buy and paint stuff! You did the same with "Imperial Assault" to me...
Oh... You may not like me too much this year, then :p

Aside from TMNT, I have Jabba's Realm to paint up, plus I have Folklore, Middara, and Endure the Stars arriving in the next couple weeks, and all have gorgeous models! And then, of course, there was the recent Kingdom Death Monster Kickstarter, Attack the Village, and Rising Sun. Boardgame mini's, while not as strong as dedicated mini companies like GW, are really getting impressive!

Oh, and of course, Guillimon in March...

Spread the hobby, love the hobby!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:04 am

Aegis wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:Out of my memory I'd say you've perfectly captured the different colours of the turtles. They are looking great! I especially like the feeling of depth on "Donatello".

Oh... You may not like me too much this year, then :p
Oh, I think it's always nice to get motivated to paint your own stuff by looking at the minis of others. So keep on going and motivating me! :D
Painted in 2018:

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Glad to see you back on the forums as well! Good stuff as always!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks for the welcome back's! I going to try and be a bit more consistent in sharing some stuff here. It helps keep me motivated.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:57 pm

It's awesome to see you and your fantastic work again Leland! :) I hope to see more from you!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:40 am

So, I just realized that when I changed the name of my Facebook page, it invalidated all of the links I had in my 2016 weekly paint :x

I think I may have to go through those, see what I shared, and maybe move them over to another host. Outside of my own domain, does anyone have any suggestions for photo album sites?

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm

I use Google Photos, but they've made link sharing progressively more of a pain in the butt as time has gone by.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Munin wrote:I use Google Photos, but they've made link sharing progressively more of a pain in the butt as time has gone by.
Definitely something to look into!

In the meantime, I have been quiet on account having been working on a commission, as well as going on a short vacation. But, I have something to share again! Woo!

The past couple commissions have really helped me refine my ability to paint yellow. It is not as bright or clean as some others out there, but I really like the more earthy, worn look. It would seem others do to!

I am also working on a video on how I go about achieving this look.

As always, I would love to have you come check out the Page, and give it a like!