Rouven's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: Rouven's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Rouven » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:07 am

Okay, I managed to finish my second unit of stealth suits.

I guess the sensible thing to do would be to paint one of my Ghostkeels next because that way I'd have an "optimised stealth cadre". But I'd like to paint something smaller first and already primed one of my Ethereals. After that, however, I'll start working on the Ghostkeel.
Last edited by Rouven on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 5 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Neat!! I really like how they're looking like they're coming out of stealth
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Yes! The effect makes me think of the Predator's invisibility device in the movies.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:47 am

@ Guildenstern, Kovlovsky & TheEyeOfNight: Thank you everybody. I'm thinking about doing the same to one of my Ghostkeels since it would make sense fluffwise. But I have to take a closer look at the model first before I make any decisions.
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 5 Pathfinders

Rouven
Silver Vault Member

Post by Rouven » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:33 am

Okay, so here's my freshly painted Ethereal:

ImageImage

From a painter's point of view I like the model. However, from a modeller's and a player's point of view it is a pain. The connection between the hand holding the long staff and the wrist is so small that it is only a matter of time that the staff will fall off. Especially, when you try to transport this mini.
Last edited by Rouven on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Painted in 2017:

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Beautiful!

maybe you can find a dice box or another plastic box that he'll fit into? That way he'll have a container within his foam to help keep him together.

I am worried about my son's Mortis engine too because of spikey bits sticking out.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Rouven
Silver Vault Member

Post by Rouven » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:13 pm

@ Guildy & Wryce: Thanks for the compliments.

@ Guildy: Three weeks ago I bought a new watch. When the shop assistant asked whether I needed a box for the watch I first wanted to say no (since I wanted to wear it right away), but then I realised that it was perfect for transporting minis, so I said "yes". :)

This is how far I got with my Ghostkeel so far (sorry for the bad picture quality):

I magnetised nearly all the weapons. "Nearly" because I did not have enough magnets, but I've already ordered 50 more.
Last edited by Rouven on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Painted in 2017:

Iguana1981
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Iguana1981 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:24 pm

I know what ou mean with the ethereal.

The highlighting of his flesh is very well done.

The electrical effect on the stealth suits is brilliant, I can literally see it moving down the body revealing them.
Black Legion ~ 450PL/8110
Dark Angels ~ 282PL/5449
Tau - 121PL /2152
Eldar - 217PL/3828

Chrissmith785 on Instagram

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:02 am

Simply wow! The transition of colours on your etherals waistband and ,,skirt" is most impressive! I'll have to polish my painting skills in order to keep up with your painting anymore. Challenge accepted! 8)
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 am

Rouven wrote:
From a painter's point of view I like the model. However, from a modeller's and a player's point of view it is a pain. The connection between the hand holding the long staff and the wrist is so small that it is only a matter of time that the staff will fall off. Especially, when you try to transport this mini.
I'm late to the party, but I understand your pain so much that you can't imagine! My old Ahriman metal model had the exact same problem. I would like to meet the genius who thought that it was a good idea to make the hand with the staff a separate piece. I thought that gravity was understood since Newton in 17th century. Apparently NOT BY GW!!!

anyway, it was an amazing paint job for sure. The colour scheme is both excellent and very regal as it should be.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Rouven
Silver Vault Member

Post by Rouven » Sun May 07, 2017 5:23 am

It took for ages to finish the Ghostkeel, but here it is (all weapons are magnetised):

ImageImage

I'd like to paint something smaller now, so I think my next project will be a squad of Firewarriors.
Last edited by Rouven on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Painted in 2017:

Rouven
Silver Vault Member

Post by Rouven » Sun May 07, 2017 6:59 am

Speaking of painting something smaller... I just got a Stormsurge. :D
Painted in 2017:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 am

Very nice paintjob! Looking forward to see the painted Stormsurge! ;)
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”