Arnathos's's #theweeklypaint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Arnathos's's #theweeklypaint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Those barrels and crates are actually pretty fun to paint! make great terrain/obj markers too - very versatile.

I'm liking your DE guy, he looks cool, very assassin-y. I like the colours as well, really fits nicely with him, while having a bit of flamboyance to set it apart.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am

Thanks Guildy! The Assassin is pretty much as-is, all I did was remove the piece of Elven(Elfen?) ruins that he normally jumps off from.

I haven't done much painting lately, laziness and school are not the best combo for painting. Today my Witch Elves arrived at the FLGS, as well as some kaballite warriors, but no sign of the Wyches just yet, which are the most crucial box when it comes to my Dark Elf team plan. I did give up on Hydra Gauntlets though, as bits sites don't have them in stock and none of the Deldar players around here, or anywhere else I have asked have any spares. But it is a minor thing really. I'm hopeful that the Wyches will arrive next week friday at the latest, can't wait to assemble and finish up the team!

I also managed to break my 0.5mm drill bit today while finagling around, which is somewhat annoying as the Witch elves kind of need pinning after removing the rubble they are jumping off from. Guess I'll have to make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow! D'oh!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Actually did some painting again, some witch elves for my dark elf team, still waiting for the wyches to arrive so I can finish the rest of it.

Not my best work, but I'm pretty satisfied, was going for a bit more 'lazy' paintjob with these Dark Elves anyway.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 am

I did some painting again, a bit more focused than putting on a layer of colour at a time on the other stuff I am slowly painting. I decided to finally finish up one of the Rogue Trader RPG inspired models I made over a year ago, 2 years ago at least. He is meant to represent a Seneschall, as I understand it a sort of First mate/quarter master organizing type character.
[+] Expand
He is made from a combination of the Scion kit and the Baneblade commander, the scroll I believe, is from the Wyvern/Hydra kit. The base was made from random IG tank bits. The base edges need some cleaning still, but otherwise I am pretty happy with where he is at.

Also took a group shot as I couldn't find the pics of the other 2 models anymore, so here goes:
[+] Expand
A bit dusty, I should clean them at some point. From left to right: Seneschall, Rogue Trader, Arch Militant.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 am

Very nice! I especially like your Seneschall. The transitions on his cloak is really nice!
Is your Rogue Trader supposed to look like M.Bison from Street Fighter? Because he totally does, except for the beard! xD
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:07 am

It was really not my intention! I never really played street fighter or anything, I just went with some royal reds and golds, I guess it does look kind of funny.

In other news, I may have 'accidentally' ordered all the stuff I need to complete a nurgle Blood Bowl team(I already have the beast done, just didn't post any pics of it). One of the local players had some extra human linemen laying around so I can use them as a base for the rotters, to make them more fancy. Also, legit incidentally, the FLGS had all the stuff in stock at their main warehouse in Helsinki, so I might be able to get crackin' on the team at the end of next week!

I also got myself involved with some school projects which might take up a bunch of time, something about companies in the Nordic countries(Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland) trying to establish ties with companies in the Netherlands and Germany, as well as vice versa. Seeing as it is right up my alley language wise I decided to check it out. It will probably be very interesting, but also time intensive!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:38 am

Finally got all the stuff in for both my Dark Elves and Nurgle teams, sadly I had to pack away my painting/hobby table for today as we are celebrating my wife's birthday!

The school project started with a bunch of chaos, IT problems and being assigned to a clueless company wanting us to 'just give our brochure to dutch travel agencies and make them sell trips to our resort'. But nothing is ever easy and there is more work here than originally assumed.

Can't wait to get started on more Blood Bowl though and if all goes well I'll have the table out this evening. The Dark Elves are probably first in line as there is less work there, less greenstuff and fewer conversions.

For the Nurgle team I got some extra human linemen so I can make a full 7 rotters from them by using bits from the blight king and zombie sprues. I am left wondering if Bestigors as opposed to Gors would have been a better choice for Nurgle Pestigors, but I think it will be fine, even if they end up looking more AV7 than AV8.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

yay Dark Elves! Looking forward to nurgle - they just seem like they'd be a cool looking team
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 am

Delfs:
[+] Expand
Onto converting up nurgle stuff. The idea was to make a nurgle team with an absolute minimum of green. I have heard people complain about the abundance of red in GW games, but over here, everyone paints their nurgle green. My plan is to use mostly browns and dark reds, will see how it works out.

I should also upload pics of my beast which is already finished, but I have been using all my hobby time for painting lately! :D
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 am

Starting to be the monthly paint! School is starting to be super busy and I'm trying to get the theory part of my education out of the way before summer, which would let me be done at least half a year earlier, possibly more. In between I have been painting here and there though, just haven't had time to post much!

I finished my Nurgle team last weekend and actually took pics, so photodump(Beware it is YUGE!):
[+] Expand
This was the first time in a while where I really tried my best to paint and if I am honest, it does show. This team is on a whole other level than most of my previous teams. The idea was Nurgle without green. The only green is slight cyan tones in the shoes and Nurgle's Rot, because you can't have Nurgle without Nurgle's Rot. It is also my first attempt at proper rust weathering. It felt good to properly paint something for a change.

In other news, I was talking to a friend during a pre-christmas party at his place and he mentioned he had some Necromunda enforcers laying around. My friend hates painting, so I pounced right away, as I am out of Blood Bowl teams(for now!). And agreed to let me paint the enforcers. They need to be mainly red, but otherwise I have creative freedom.

I already cleaned the models and lined them up for priming. I left the shields off as they block most of the model and make it impossible to paint proper. Quick WIP pic:
[+] Expand
The heavy weapon teams in the background are like 95% done, mostly just needing basing, but I have not been inspired to finish them.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:36 am

Hahaha, it's a tiny detail, but I absolutely love that the little spiky BloodBowl footballs are painted to look like they're made out of human skin. That is repulsive and SO appropriate for a Nurgle team. :)

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Those nurgle minis look disgustingly good haha.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 am

Really nice job on this nurgle team!
Oh, I remember these enforcers! Especially the "Leader"-guy with the huge helmet decoration. Never saw them in real life, though. I believe he must have been presented in one of the old white dwarfs.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 am

So, last few days of 2017. The paint has not been weekly, but paint happened regardless. I doubt I will be able to finish up the enforcers in time for the 31st, so I took to counting my models for the year, to the best of my ability to remember them!

I came up to 148 models painted this year. 95% or so had been bought this year as well, so not much backlog reduction at all. Most of it was also Blood Bowl related and I am starting to feel that BB will be a permanent feature of my painting life going forward, at least until I have all the 24+2 teams at least once!

I do believe my backlog shrank a little this year though and I might have painted up more stuff that I don't remember as I don't recall when exactly I painted up my containers and barrels kit. I might have to offload some spare models that I have lying around though, as converting stuff from GW kits leaves you with a ton of spares. I already got rid of the elves, now realizing I need 1 more for a potential chaos renegades team, but I guess it is best to delay with that anyway.
To do list:

IG:
Finish IG weapon teams 95% done
Paint regimental advisors
Assemble and paint sentinel(need to find the instructions, a lot more complicated than it used to be!)
Assemble and paint Starting Scions kit.

Chaos Space Marines:
Repair/assemble and paint 20ish marines
Finish/Paint up roughly 25 cultists

Empire:
Assemble and paint mortar
Convert up and paint 5-10 swordsmen
Finish painting 5 crossbowmen

Blood Bowl:
Touch up Orc team with drybrush? Maybe? Otherwise find peace with their ugly.

Misc models:
Archaon on Foot, still have this guy, still no idea what colours to pick for him.
First thing on my list is to finish the enforcer commission for a friend though, which has been delayed by a Christmas painting ban instated by my wife.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:43 am

So, first few minis of the year, test models for the enforcer commission(bases need cleaning up on the edges):

My friend was happy with the way they turned out, so I've already started work on the rest of the models. Just need to find the time to finish them up. It only took me an hour or so(a piece) to do the test models though, so not too bad.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB: