Arnathos's's #theweeklypaint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Arnathos's's #theweeklypaint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Ooh cool! they look a bit gem like I think, I like it!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:58 am

Thanks!

Got my Lizzies done(Sans Kroxigor, waiting for my order to arrive). I went a bit out of the norm, but this is probably the most 'acceptable' colour scheme I have used so far. Pics:
[+] Expand
I also found out what to do with the extra Skaven models I have lying around, seems Underworld teams only use 2 Blitzers, 2 Linerats and 2 Throwers from the Skaven team, turns out I have 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers and 5 linerats, now I just need to find myself a lone Chaos troll and get me a box of night goblins.

I may have a problem.

Btw, if anyone has a spare Chaos Troll lying around, let me know!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:12 am

Had my first match for the local league yesterday against Orcs, with my Lizardmen and won! It was a very close match though and a failed "Going for It!" by my opponents blitzer was the only thing that prevented a tie game. Lizardmen seem pretty powerful, even without a Kroxigor on the field(the Kroxigor has a passive tail ability which makes it usefull when it just stands around, thus circumventing his nega-trait, Bonehead).

I also started to make a Bretonnia team according to the latest Cyanide rules for them, I assembled the Blitzers(knights) and Blockers(yeomen), but I still need to strip the paint off 8 peasants to make linemen.

One of my friends also found an old Island of Blood Rat Ogre somewhere, so that is pretty cool, plus I got my hands on the new Blood Bowl Troll by secret and unmentionable means. I don't like the model for the latter, but I'll be using it as a Warpstone Troll for an underworld team(found a use for the extra skaven models I had after making a team out of 2 boxes). Just need some Night Goblins and the underworld team is ready for assembly!

My wife has noticed the excessive amount of blood bowl teams I have gathered so far (4+2 under way and another 1 planned), so I might need to slow down my addiction a bit.

I'll probably go and paint Inquisitor Greyfax while waiting for the paint to fall off the Rat ogre and Peasants.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:16 am

Got Greyfax done, aside from the base, I'm trying something new for pics, just hoping this works:
[+] Expand
I also started work on my Rat Ogre, it is a nice model to paint, I am somewhat sad that I do not own any stormfiends though, as I saw an awesome conversion online which used a Stormfiend helmet, it was really awesome. Will post pics when they are done.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 pm

She looks handsome! I love her purple cape in particular. And dat hat! Captain Bluddflag from DoW 2: Retribution would love to add it to his collection! :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks Kov! Cpt. Bluddflag will be sad to know the hatt is actually part of her head, though I doubt that will stop him!

Also finished my Albino Rat Ogre!
[+] Expand
This makes my Skaven my first fully complete Blood Bowl team! I also acquired one of the new Blood Bowl trolls, I don't like what they did with the hands, so I'll be replacing them with Spawn Claws as I intend to use it for an underworld team anyway. But first, I made a team of Brettonians according to the Blood Bowl 2 rules by Cyanide, so I'll be painting those up first.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:48 pm

wow nice!! I love him

I really need to get my BB team out and painted lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 am

Stop making me itch to paint my BB-Team! I have too much to paint already! :evil: ;-P

A always, nicely executed. The green trim reminds me of the old school times of 2nd Edition W40K. My old vindicare assassin is still painted like that. But personally, I think it stands out too much from the grey basing. Also the skin could do with an additional highlight. I'm only saying so because I know you could pull it off. ;)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:14 am

The colours on the bases are based on old style Blood Bowl positional colours, Grey are linemen, White are Throwers(Dwarf runners are considered throwers for some reason, because of sure hands and Passing skill access I guess?), Yellow are Runners, Green are Blockers and Big Guys, Red are Blitzers, Purple is for Secret Weapons and Orange or Blue are Strikers/Special. That last one changes a bit depending on who you play and stuff, as some use Blue for Star Players, other blue for strikers like Witch Elves and Troll Slayers.

I'm the only one that does it like that in the league, but I am hoping it catches on, as it can be hard to tell models apart, especially the older ones, but also human linemen and blitzers.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:30 am

Thank you for the explanation! Never heard of anything like that, but it surely makes a lot of sense! Especially with the lot of kitbashing going on in BB as well as the often similar looks.
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:03 am

Haven't gotten much painting done the last week. I've been catching up with school stuff, just about every course needs a learning diary in addition to the usual group works, so its been busy!

I got my night goblins in today, so I have all the models for my underworld team. However, I am still working on the brettonians and haven't even finished basecoating them yet! I am hoping that I will have a bit of time over the Easter holiday to get stuff done. I'm going to be trying out my Dwarfs for the first time tomorrow, haven't played normal Dwarfs yet in any format, so it will probably not end well, although Dwarfs are pretty beginner friendly.

I hope to have some pics to show next week, I also need to find a new upload service as I can't upload stuff to Photobucket now anymore either, due to some weird bug in their site, which I have no idea how to fix.

If anyone is wondering, the Brettonian team is based on the latest Cyanide rules from the Blood Bowl 2 PC game.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:12 am

This is turning into more of a bi-weekly paint! I have been painting though, but only here and there. The last 2 weeks of this school year are upon me and I have to take care of the last few bits and pieces. I took less courses this period, so I am not as swamped as previously, but the next few weeks are going to busy anyway. Nothing quite beats the lecturers and their impulsive last moment huge essays and then lecturing us about time management.

But enough of that, I painted some bretons for Blood Bowl!
[+] Expand
It has been a while since I did yellow, it was not the best yellow ever, but I did a better job than previously in my opinion. For those that are wondering, this team is based on the Cyanide Bretonnia Rules. Claims of heresy are now allowed. Enjoy!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue May 02, 2017 8:30 am

Your bretons are looking nice! Did you get a chance to play them, yet? If so, how did they fare?
Painted in 2018:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri May 05, 2017 12:04 am

Sadly I haven't had the chance to try them out yet! Wednesdays are usually our miniature game nights at the FLGS and my wife has either had an evening shift then or I've been too busy with school. I can wait to try them out though! But it might be that it will be a while, I haven't played 40k since January so I am hoping to play a match of that next week, dust off my Word Bearers. Or maybe try out some inquisition for a change.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon May 15, 2017 4:03 am

Definitely bi-weekly!

I have been painting, just had little time to post an update with the final week of school underway. I finished up the missing Blitzers for my humans and my Kroxigor(s) finally arrived last week and I promptly painted that up as well.

Pics:
[+] Expand
The Kroxigor is hard to take a proper picture of, as it is slumped forward a bit. I am quite happy with how it turned out though!

With these 3 my human team is also finally complete!
Just today I finally primed my underworld team, the troll is intimidating me quite a bit, as it is highly detailed, so I might start with the Goblins. Can't wait to get them done though, as underworld is one of my favourite teams, especially since my other favourite, Skaven, is played by just about everyone. After I finish underworld I will probably get a box of Orcs to finish up the Orc team from the starter, I'm still debating on whether or not I want to get a troll for them, but I converted up a Goblin, so I might just have to!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB: