Guildenstern's weekly thread #2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildenstern's weekly thread #2017

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Good to hear! I hope they don't have any major damage to deal with either.

Fixin to start getting ready to go, gotta lot of stuff to do so I haven't had time to do this guy's weathering and base. He'll have to wait til his mates are done when I come back.

Not my best pics sadly but no more time

Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am

Have fun at your sisters!

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks =D

It was pretty tiring, overall - I was babysitting so to speak, her teenagers, while my sister and brother-in-law were off in Canada, moose hunting. Sissy got her moose =D She brought home the head (cleaned of course) and 557lbs of meat. Hopefully enough to last her teenage son a few days :P

I got a couple things painted while I was there - I had brought some Reaper bones with me to work on. I had to ship them back home with my paints etc, since I bought more books and ran out of room lol I almost never check luggage as I just carry my backpack, lot easier to get out of the airport that way but means less space for "stuff".

I did get a couple things while I was gone, my Greebo KS came in (mostly the "Easter rabbit") - I'll have to post some pics later when my cameras charged.

Anyway good to be back home, just in time for spring break so it's off to clean house and maybe get more painting in!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

Started working more seriously on my Kraken Diorama for reaper's forum contest

not a lot of progress - mostly just priming the little fish that'll be going in with it, and I did brush on brown liner onto the boat section of the Kraken. Brown liner is an awesome tool, I'm guessing it's like an ink. But anyway it works really well as a first coat for bones material. I highly recommend it

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 pm

That is a rediculous model. I kinda want one just to paint it.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 pm

It's a monster that's for sure

I'm still finding areas I didn't get the moldlines off enough >< Have to keep trying is all I guess.

Working out a colour scheme atm - I'm thinking I like it so far. It's not a very solid basecoat atm at all. I may play with some of the ghost tints I think as well. I'm thinking about doing the backs of the tentacles in purple as well
[+] Expand

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Getting old can't remember where I posted what or when - eh whatever. lol here's my seafloor WIP (for Kraken diorama)

And because I have the attention span of a squirrel:
[+] Expand

I got two ork warbuggies, didn't really like them as is, so I started sorting through bits to build new ones.

^^ Underside with wheels from original buggy

^^ started building a fender/spoiler type thing for the front of the buggy

^^ Front of buggy with cow/grot catcher thingy

top of warbuggy - with seat from original. Also trying to sort out engine and the gun bit. I feel it needs more dakka than the original but I don't want to go with such a large gun it could be mistaken for a trukk conversion.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:01 am

more squirrel fodder:

Added engine from deffkopta, skis on front; placed the crew on the warbuggy. Still got some bits to sort out, and I can't find my GS which is sad, cuz I want to make a pile of cables.
[+] Expand

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 am

wow so tired apparently I hit back instead of submit sigh - anyway, made another warbuggy (or warbike, could go for either)

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 am

Nice use of bits for the buggies. That’s got to be the best thing about collecting Orks surely? That you can just make whatever your imagination wants.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm

General-Kroll wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 am
Nice use of bits for the buggies. That’s got to be the best thing about collecting Orks surely? That you can just make whatever your imagination wants.
Indeedy!

funnily enough I was staring at my bits collection thinking about organization and labeling. And it occurred to me that labeling various bits "Ork" bits wasn't very helpful as the entire collection could be labeled that lol

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 am

I love a lot of these vehicles you come up with, almost makes me want to start collecting Orks. Your painting's really cool, and the Juggernaught on the last page looks fantastic!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 am

Signet-Powers wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 am
I love a lot of these vehicles you come up with, almost makes me want to start collecting Orks. Your painting's really cool, and the Juggernaught on the last page looks fantastic!
bwahahaha this is exactly how Orks grow ^_^ I blame Sperian and others here for getting me into orks lmao

And thanks :)

I got a bit more done on my Kraken diorama - the board's done except plants. I'm gonna be painting the little critters that go in it, then figuring out their placement as well as the plants.
[+] Expand

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Finally got Playboy's DE ordered. He should be happy - he's only asked me three more times hah. He seems quite keen so I'm happy.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Serious hobby ADD going on at my house - working on a bunch of stuffs, per usual, but even more scattered than usual so: random pics:

Remember Cadia?
[+] Expand
IronPainter Diorama work:
[+] Expand

Yeah... nope - sigh. Supposed to be a desert. Starting over!

^^ still wet

With drying time and figure placed for set up
better view of figure:
[+] Expand

After the Iron Painter contest, will be putting him on a base with his Guild crew for da hubby
More work on Kraken for Reaper diorama entry:
[+] Expand
And I started these little guys, for Spooktober (assuming I get em done):
[+] Expand

And a figure that didn't work out for my Iron Painter (probably, still thinking about it, but I think I'll be leaving it out):
[+] Expand

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”