Guildenstern's weekly thread #2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Guildenstern's weekly thread #2017

Post by Dheiti » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Love seeing armies displayed!

Also yay for no dusting! Lol
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 pm

hehe already planning out how many more I'll need - even after Playboy moves out eventually and takes his VC I have a lot of stuff

Not got this one uploaded via regular route so here's link to my instagram pic:

https://t.co/LuR5S6GGzq

is my Mek

I'm also trying to finish final highlights on tankbusta conversions and their bases soon (TM)

on the off topic tonight's our 25th anniversary so we're going to go so Atomic Blonde ^_^

Also, ordered the 8th ed 40k rulebook, and the two xenos indices from my FLGS (hopefully they'll get it together and actually get them here this time ><)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:58 pm

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 am

He's looking good so far :D the colours are nicely defined and really pop.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks! =D

Hopefully I'll be finishing up his base today/tomorrow (and my tankbustas'). Hard part about doing these sea/shoreline type bases is waiting for the gel medium to dry thoroughly

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Yay base waiting is done lol - always seems to take longer than I'd like. I really want to come up with a more efficient and easy way to make these sorts of bases, that also looks nice. I find the edges get a good bit messy and they're quite hard to clean up afterwards sometimes. Plus not having the water effects leak at all would be nice! my dams are pretty good, but I still get the occasional leak out of them.

Anyway! Tankbustas:

Mek:

Really hoping to get my copy of the rules in soon so I can start getting back into some games! it's been several months since we've been able to play, being gone and with the new edition coming out.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:14 pm

YES!!! GORKANAUT ORDERED!!!!

GW finally got some more back in stock =D

So, now, I can look forward to staring longingly at the box while I do all my boys... lmao

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 am

Wow, those bases are freaking fantastic!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 am

I agree with Munin, those bases are looking great! It's a very cool effect!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Glad you like the bases =D Always trying to make them more perfect - might not be achievable but every bit helps!

Started a little bit of work on this beast:

he's going to be part of a diorama - all I've really done so far is take him out of the box, wash him and dry fit him lol Likely going to be a months long project

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:27 am

:O where is that sea monster from? It looks like a ton of fun to paint!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Arnathos wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:27 am
:O where is that sea monster from? It looks like a ton of fun to paint!
+1

It looks like a great antagonist for a diorama. I'm looking forward to your project.
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 10 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines, 10 Plaguebearers

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm

He looks like a fun model to paint. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:44 pm

That is Reaper's Bones Kraken it's like 11" long ... huge thing. There was/is? a metal version but of course I can't really afford that one. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to paint it atm.

I don't think the pic shows 'em (cuz they're small) but I got a bunch of sea critters to go along with it. They're from the aquatic familiar's pack Reaper has (although they're metal).

I'm kinda trying to decide how I want to make the scene of the diorama atm. I'd like to add adventurers vs mermen types maybe... My original idea was to have the Kraken in the midst of destroying the ship, with the adventures in the water and falling off the boat. But that would require reconstructing the boat... I'm not sure I'm up for it, or for repositioning the kraken for it.

Have to see how it goes! No plan survives contact with the enemy! lol

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:32 am

Trying to think of how the orcs could be on the ship :)

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”