TheHoundmaster's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: TheHoundmaster's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 am

I love the weathered look of the "stone-painting" on the second one! Looks really realistic! Those are kitbashed, right? I mean, they don't normally wear those Lizard-Sword-things, right? If so, their "spanish-conquistador"-look fits those swords exceptional well! As if they just recently plundered a Lizard-Temple.
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Dheiti wrote:Loving the work! I enjoy seeing people's fantasy miniatures! Some lovely models!
I agree, the Warhammer Fantasy models have always had a lot of personality. I understand why 40k doesn't, I mean you've got "Army Mans," "Power Armor," or "Space Elf" making up the majority of the models, not much you can do outside of a new pose or some details.
LordMcAllister wrote:I love the weathered look of the "stone-painting" on the second one! Looks really realistic! Those are kitbashed, right? I mean, they don't normally wear those Lizard-Sword-things, right? If so, their "spanish-conquistador"-look fits those swords exceptional well! As if they just recently plundered a Lizard-Temple.
Correct, they are kitbashed. Usually they just have big 2-handed swords. Thanks for the compliment, that conquistador look is exactly why I'm going for. I'm trying for a mash up of traditional Empire troops with Lizardmen elements. For instance my Luminark is going to be on the back of a Stegadon, and my War Altar will be drawn by the old Cold Ones. I've got Birdmen of Catrazza for Pistoliers, Reiksguard/Inner Circle Knights on Cold Ones, and state troopers holding all kinds of nifty Lizardmen do-dads.

So here is what I've been working on: A Cold One Reiksguard/Inner Circle Knight. Pistolier legs work the best on these guys, but I'm having trouble deciding on the helmet. I prefer closed helmets for my knights, but all I've got are the old Empire helmets. The Demigryph Knights helmets are WAY cooler, but I've only got 3 :( Either way, here is what I've got so far this week.
[+] Expand

And because I'm really proud of my army, but it isn't big enough to actually field at the moment, here are some pics of what I've got thus far for my Lustrian Empire Army.
[+] Expand

This guy is done now, dunno why I don't have an updated pic.

So blurry!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:02 am

Always liked your conversions!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:09 am

I agree with Nappen, your army looks very characterful! I miss playing Empire sometimes, by far the best army warhammer fantasy had to offer!

Keep it up!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:53 pm

So its been pretty busy at work, I haven't had a lot of time to post or paint. Here is what I've managed to do. Finished the Cold One and started the rider's body.
[+] Expand

The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Really like the cold one's face.

Imperia
Silver Vault Member

Post by Imperia » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Well thanks to this awesome idea and the perfectly executed conversions, I have been really inspired to make my own army with a full cultural kit-bash, It is really awesome stuff on this thread!

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”