#theweeklypaint 2017 by sir-back-up!

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:23 am

Hello guys, i have painted new models for the deathwatch army, here is what i got

Couple days ago i also played my first game with this army and it was a good game :D deathwatch vs imperial fists 500pts , dw 9 points and fists got 2 points :D

Thats all
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: #theweeklypaint 2017 by sir-back-up!

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Woah, that librarian is great! Love the detail of his blood drop gems!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

I love those models. Are those from the boxed game?

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:36 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:Woah, that librarian is great! Love the detail of his blood drop gems!
Nappen wrote:I love those models. Are those from the boxed game?
Nope, i bought these guys over time.. i wished that i bought the boxed game so i could have some harlies:/
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 am

I picked up the box, but have not had time to get to it. :(

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:27 pm

So i bought skitarii start collecting box and i am testing out the colour scheme for them and here is my first test model

Then off i go and make more test models:D
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:31 am

I really really love the orange dust look. It looks real and dirty in a good way. I also really like the way you did the wood on the gun and the glowing eyes. If I had to find something I would change it would be a brighter gray metallic color on the head, arms, and waist plates. It looks good to highlight the bronze edges you've done on the chest plate, but the arms blend into the gun. Just my 2¢, but a great model for just a test!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:34 pm

So i decided to stick with the first test models paint style and colour scheme

And i painted more figures :d here are the results

TheHoundmaster wrote:I really really love the orange dust look. It looks real and dirty in a good way. I also really like the way you did the wood on the gun and the glowing eyes. If I had to find something I would change it would be a brighter gray metallic color on the head, arms, and waist plates. It looks good to highlight the bronze edges you've done on the chest plate, but the arms blend into the gun. Just my 2¢, but a great model for just a test!
I did the metals easy way.. leadbelcher and balthasar gold base, nuln oil wash and necron compund drybrush, quick and easy , that may make the metals blend together little bit..
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:11 pm

I love your scheme for the Skitarii! These are amongst the best Skitarii I've ever seen! The weathering is really convincing too!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:53 am

Kovlovsky wrote:I love your scheme for the Skitarii! These are amongst the best Skitarii I've ever seen! The weathering is really convincing too!
Thanks :D i used a LOT pigments on the feet and base on the models to get that dusty and dirty look
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:18 am

Sir-back-up wrote:
Kovlovsky wrote:I love your scheme for the Skitarii! These are amongst the best Skitarii I've ever seen! The weathering is really convincing too!
Thanks :D i used a LOT pigments on the feet and base on the models to get that dusty and dirty look
What EXACTLY did you use to get this look? I was actually planning to do something similar with my Skitarii/AdMech army, perhaps a little bit less dusty, but still similar.

Also, you do have a VERY nice quality for the speed your pumping out these finished minis! Very impressive!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:33 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
Sir-back-up wrote:
What EXACTLY did you use to get this look? I was actually planning to do something similar with my Skitarii/AdMech army, perhaps a little bit less dusty, but still similar.

Also, you do have a VERY nice quality for the speed your pumping out these finished minis! Very impressive!
So this is how i make my bases for skitarii and also the dust effect on the coats

First i basecoat the base with khorne red

Then i put martian ironcrust randolmy on the base

Then i filled the rest off base with martian ironearth

This is the result when the texture paints are dried

I used these pigments

I dusted the base and the coat with pigments

Then was the time to use varnish, i used just some generic matt varnish

And i made lahmian medium + pigments to make this "wash"

I put that wash on the edges off the coat and on the base, i used these cotton tip thingies to weather the wash on the coat:D

Just paint the trim black and then the mini is ready:p
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 pm

That's a good lookin' Crab-tank!

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:13 pm

So i painted ultramarine heavy bolter devastator as an quick model for the night:D here are the results

I still got 3 heavy bolter marines and sergeant so i might paint them as ultramarines as well:p
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Munin wrote:That's a good lookin' Crab-tank!
Thansk :D
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”