Mars-Crusader's the weekly paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Mars-Crusader's the weekly paint

Post by Guildenstern » Thu May 18, 2017 4:18 pm

they look excellent!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu May 18, 2017 4:23 pm

You're great at painting yellow! I've heard it's not the easiest color to get right.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Thu May 18, 2017 5:46 pm

The process to make these involves no yellow paint. The way to make these was
Base the model with army painter Skeleton Bone
Paint armor joints, cables, harness with leadbelcher
Nuln oil wash over the silver.
Agrax Earthshade in the armor joints
Abaddon Black for the shoulder trim
clean up mistakes with bleached bone
2-4 layers of Lamenters yellow glaze.
Bloodletter glaze for the eyes.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu May 18, 2017 11:24 pm

Great use of glazes! Those imperial fists are looking top notch so far!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Sat May 27, 2017 7:54 am

This week I worked on the Legion Praetor and the Cataphractii Terminators. Not pictured are 9 other tactical marines that I also finished.
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:29 am

My excitement for 8th edition has to be evident in the amount of models I painted last month. 46 Imperial Fists completed and I made a little progress on 3 Kataphron Servitors and 10 Skitarii Vanguard.

1 Praetor in Cataphractii Terminator Armor
5 Cataphractii Terminators
10 Mk III Marines
30 Mk IV Marines
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 am

looking good. I am excited as well.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:00 am

Very impressive! I wish I shared your exitement! Although I am thinking about finally painting up my IG sentinel and heavy weapon teams as well as my start collection scions box! The imperial guard leaks just seem so great!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Mars-Crusader wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 4:42 pm
I spent this week painting the weapons and backpacks. Also made a little progress on the Praetor, Terminators, and Devastators.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Mars-Crusader wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 7:54 am
This week I worked on the Legion Praetor and the Cataphractii Terminators. Not pictured are 9 other tactical marines that I also finished.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Photobucket wanted to charge for me to host pictures to other websites so I closed my account with them while I find a new place to host pictures too. I painted 2 Skitarii Rangers this week bringing the number of models this year to 84.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:03 pm

same here....400 bucks a year...if it was available with the 5 bucks a month package I would have done it to avoid the pain.

I have downloaded most of my photos and opened an imgur account. will take forever to fix everything...

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Can't believe it's been over 3 months since I posted. Now that I have time again I return with this week's submission and my 94th model of the year. The Lord of Mars himself, Belisarius Cawl. I finished him this morning and took him to his first battle in the afternoon. The forces of Mars repelled the Death Guard and banished the Daemon Primarch Mortarion.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:25 pm

oooh yes!! Sweet!!! I love his model :D nicely painted as well

well done in repelling the Death Guard as well =D
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 am

I love the depth of color you've achieved in the red of Cawl's robes.