Mars-Crusader's the weekly paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Mars-Crusader's the weekly paint

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:00 pm

Your Blood Bowl stuff is awesome! I especially love your black orcs. :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:31 am

Left one on the Imperial Fist question.

Great looking Blood Bowl stuff btw! Are you planning on expanding the teams at some point? All of the teams sans Dwarfs have about half of the positionals needed. Can't wait to see more!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:47 pm

excellent! Love your BB!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:58 am

Stop doing the same thing Arnathos does! Stop trying to get me into painting my BB-Teams! ;)

The painting on the BB-Teams is simply great! Really impressive paintjob!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:28 pm

@Kovlovsky - Thank you. It was fun painting all of these different teams.

@Arnathos- Eventually I will buy the Ogre, Trolls, and Rat Ogre to my existing teams. Eventually I will add the Lizardmen and Chaos when those models get updated.

@Guildenstern- Thank you

@LordMcAllister- I wish my stuff looked as good as Arnathos, his skaven are gorgeous. If you think i'm copying Arnathros my marines are gonna look just like Aegis's right down to the bases. Guess it the consequence of Heresy era armies. Bound to have lots of duplicate armies. NOW GO PAINT YOUR BLOOD BOWL TEAMS!

This week I finished building and putting the base coat on my Imperial Fists. Waiting on a Storm Eagle, Rhino, and Spartan to arrive in order to finish up a 2500 point list I want to try out.

Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armor
Chaplain in Cataphractii Armor
Apothecary
5 TH/SS Cataphractii Terminators
5 Shooty Cataphractii Terminators
10 Legion Vets
18 Tactical Marines
5 Heavy Support Marines w/ Lascannons
5 Heavy Support Marines w/ Missile Launchers
3 Artillery w/ crews
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:14 am

wow that's a lot built!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 am

Mars-Crusader wrote:@LordMcAllister- I wish my stuff looked as good as Arnathos, his skaven are gorgeous. If you think i'm copying Arnathros my marines are gonna look just like Aegis's right down to the bases. Guess it the consequence of Heresy era armies. Bound to have lots of duplicate armies. NOW GO PAINT YOUR BLOOD BOWL TEAMS![/img][/url]
Sorry if I was a bit ambigous. I didn't mean to say that you are copying Arnathos painting style or anything... I only meant, that you painting your BB-Team is tempting me to paint my own... like Arnathos tempted me to do, by paiting his team(s). ;)
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Fri May 05, 2017 8:27 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
Mars-Crusader wrote:@LordMcAllister- I wish my stuff looked as good as Arnathos, his skaven are gorgeous. If you think i'm copying Arnathros my marines are gonna look just like Aegis's right down to the bases. Guess it the consequence of Heresy era armies. Bound to have lots of duplicate armies. NOW GO PAINT YOUR BLOOD BOWL TEAMS![/img][/url]
Sorry if I was a bit ambigous. I didn't mean to say that you are copying Arnathos painting style or anything... I only meant, that you painting your BB-Team is tempting me to paint my own... like Arnathos tempted me to do, by paiting his team(s). ;)

No worries. What I said was also in jest...darn you internet and your poor means of conveyance!

The coming of 8th edition has me more excited for warhammer then I have been in years. So I have set a lofty goal to complete
1 Battlesmith, 10 Skitarii Vanguard, 3 Kataphron Servitors, 1 Cataphractii Praetor, 5 Cataphractii Hammernators, 30 Marines, 10 Devastators.

This week I got off to a really strong start
1 Battlesmith (Basecoated)
10 Skitarii Vanguard (Red and Bleach bone started)
3 Kataphron Servitors (Basecoated)
1 Term Capt (back cabling started)
5 Terms (back cabling started, shoulder pads and gorgets done in black)
30 Marines (10 marines all touched up and ready to get the yellow glaze started)
10 Devastators (ready to be touched up and get the edges highlighted, then on to the yellow glaze)
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat May 06, 2017 10:23 am

wow that's a lofty goal! Loving it :D They're gonna look awesome!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun May 07, 2017 1:49 am

keep posting...I can live vicariously through your army :)

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Mars-Crusader » Sat May 13, 2017 4:42 pm

I spent this week painting the weapons and backpacks. Also made a little progress on the Praetor, Terminators, and Devastators.

First fist completed

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun May 14, 2017 8:28 am

Looking good.

Like I always say, I wish I could paint yellow. Don't know how you guys do it.

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Mars-Crusader » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Nappen wrote:Looking good.

Me too. That's why I didn't paint yellow. Spray paint army painter bone color and 2-4 shades of Lamenters Yellow Glaze. Gives a nice smooth yellow that goes on very quick.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon May 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Mars-Crusader wrote:
Nappen wrote:Looking good.

Me too. That's why I didn't paint yellow. Spray paint army painter bone color and 2-4 shades of Lamenters Yellow Glaze. Gives a nice smooth yellow that goes on very quick.
brilliant idea! go through a lot of the glaze though?

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Mars-Crusader » Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Nappen wrote:
brilliant idea! go through a lot of the glaze though?
My glaze is not long for this world. Just doing these first 21 marines has dropped the glaze level to the top of the word citadel on the pot.
I am dreading how fast it will go when I start painting those larger flat surfaced marine vehicles. My forces have begun to muster to lead the Indomitus Crusade to bring the fight to the mutant, the traitor, and the heretic!

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”