LordMcAllister's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: LordMcAllister's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Rouven » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 am

Your best work so far! :wink:
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 10 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines, 10 Plaguebearers

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Gorgeous Vanguard. The admech range is just brilliant isn't it. I love the colours you've chosen, is it a fluffy forgeworld or a scheme of your own making?

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks Rouven ( :P ) and Kroll!
I actually came up with the colourscheme myself. I always liked stegadon scale green and always wanted to use it! I'm realky happy that it works out this fine!

I'm progressing quite nicely on my onager dunecrawler! I might be able to live up to my pledge of finishing the top part of it till saturday!
[+] Expand
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 am

LordMcAllister wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:42 pm
Thank you guys! What do you think about my freshly painted Onager Dunecrawler? :D
He's so happy! Clearly it is because service to the Emperor is its own reward. ;)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Still progressing on my painting pledge! Only thing left to finish are the cream parts and two cables on the bottom of the tank! Oh and my new Codex Adeptus Mechanicus arrived in the mail today! :D
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
Sorry for the second picture being a bit blurry!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Finished my first Sicarian Infiltrator! Quite fast to paint these fragile guys!
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
I will paint these while I slowly keep working on the boring legs of my Dunecrawler... meh....
Painted in 2017:

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 am

The admech range is so cool. Nice job on the infiltrator. Really like the weathering on the dune crawler too.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am

nice! They look like they'd be tough to transport tho=/
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Absolutely stunning work man! I feel kind of guilty of doing quick and dirty paint jobs myself these days and then seeing your awesome blends and weathering!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

General-Kroll wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 am
The admech range is so cool. Nice job on the infiltrator. Really like the weathering on the dune crawler too.
Yes, absolutely. I also like the base. The subtle drybrush really highlights all he cracks without taking too much of the viewer's attention away from the mini.
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 10 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines, 10 Plaguebearers

Signet-Powers
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Signet-Powers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:11 am

The blue color scheme is really cool! The lighter blue you've used to add the light effect on the tazer is a nice touch.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:47 am

General-Kroll wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 am
Thanks! I tried using the "sponge"technique for the second time. I quite like the effect. If I should ever do a showcase miniI really like the admech range as well. I've always been a fan of the Adeptus Mechanicus! Wasn't too fond of the kastellan robots at first, but now I actually like their stoic vibe.
Guildenstern wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am
nice! They look like they'd be tough to transport tho=/
I'm mostly transporting my minis in a "Feldherr"-case filled with their precut foam. I don't really expect any problems.
Arnathos wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm
Absolutely stunning work man! I feel kind of guilty of doing quick and dirty paint jobs myself these days and then seeing your awesome blends and weathering!
I don't exactly know to which of your minis you are referring to... the blood bowl minis I've seen painted by you lately have always been nicely painted. I'm actually trying to speed my painting up with the Admech units. Therefore I don't highlight the metal parts on the infantry units but only drybrush those parts. At first I thougt of it as a "quick and dirty" paintjob myself, bit it saves me a whole amount of time and the effect is still nice. Sometimes spending a lot of time on certain parts can be prevented without the paintjob noticeable suffering and I think you're quite good at this concept!
Rouven wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm
I also like the base. The subtle drybrush really highlights all he cracks without taking too much of the viewer's attention away from the mini.
Thank you but once I apply the pigments, those highlights will most likely be covered. I drybrush the base any way in case it might still be visible in certain areas.
Signet-Powers wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:11 am
The blue color scheme is really cool! The lighter blue you've used to add the light effect on the tazer is a nice touch.
Thanks!
Painted in 2017:

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm

I was referring to my orcs and possibly dark elves. Rather than using the 3 colours+wash approach, or actual blending I have used a 1 colour+wash then reapply said colour, in the interest of saving time.

I guess it is mostly my orcs that need some extra work to get them up to snuff. The guilt is real though, but that is the curse of perfectionism!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

It's been quite some time since my last post at the forum altogether... quite busy at work at the moment! Progressed on my Onager Dunecrawler nonetheless quite nicely!
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
I'm sure it'll perfotm well on the battlefield! :D
Painted in 2017:

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:11 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm
It's been quite some time since my last post at the forum altogether... quite busy at work at the moment! Progressed on my Onager Dunecrawler nonetheless quite nicely!
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
I'm sure it'll perfotm well on the battlefield! :D
THAT THING IS DECIDEDLY LESS HAPPY THAN IN ITS PREVIOUS PICTURE!

I am deeply dissatisfied.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”