LordMcAllister's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: LordMcAllister's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:45 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
Sir-back-up wrote:Nice nice:Dd i too will buy more off those start collecting boxes and that new box :00 are the rules for belisaurus cawl only in that fall of cadia book?
They are also in the box containing Belisarius Cawl. At least all the stats and nameing of the rules... I'm actually not quite sure if the special rules are explained in the box (though I believe they are). I'll check once I get home and update this post! ;)
I've been wrong. There are actually really just the stats and the names of the rules without any further explanation i.e. ,,Canticles of the archmagos".
Sir-back-up wrote:I think i make a tutorial or somekind to my post today about the bases for my skitarii :p
I'd really appreciate that!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:06 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:
Sir-back-up wrote:Nice nice:Dd i too will buy more off those start collecting boxes and that new box :00 are the rules for belisaurus cawl only in that fall of cadia book?
They are also in the box containing Belisarius Cawl. At least all the stats and nameing of the rules... I'm actually not quite sure if the special rules are explained in the box (though I believe they are). I'll check once I get home and update this post! ;)
I've been wrong. There are actually really just the stats and the names of the rules without any further explanation i.e. ,,Canticles of the archmagos".
Sir-back-up wrote:I think i make a tutorial or somekind to my post today about the bases for my skitarii :p
I'd really appreciate that!
Well maybe i can look at the rules at my local gw :D
But yeah , i made the tutorial :p
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I finished building an onager dunecrawler (except for the gunner, who will be painted seperatly and added afterwards). I magnetized all weapon options. That was quite some work, but I believe it was worth it. First time working with magnets for me!
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Good start:p i didnt magnetize mine .. dont know why :D
next step : paint it ;)
Aeldari
W/D/L
8/1/2

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Nice work on the magnets! Great way to get the most out of a model. Also allows you to paint the weapons separately so you can hit all the details. Whats next? Painting this up or building the rest?
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:44 am

Sir-back-up wrote: next step : paint it ;)
Absolutly, but it might take me some time, as there are more urgent paintjobs in line!
TheHoundmaster wrote:Nice work on the magnets! Great way to get the most out of a model. Also allows you to paint the weapons separately so you can hit all the details. Whats next? Painting this up or building the rest?
Thank you very much! Currently I'm still working on five Space Wolf Terminators and a Tech-Priest Dominus. The T-P Dominus is, of course, magnetized to swap the heavy weapons! Didn't bother to magnetize the pistols, though. He'll be carrying a serpenta.
Painted in 2017:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:41 am

Didn't spent much time painting yesterday. Just a few paint strokes on my terminators stormshields and drybrushed a few metal parts on my tech-priest dominus. I decided to add a "painted 2017" list as my signature in order to keep me further motivated! I doubt it will outgrow the 255 character limit, as I'm a really slow painter. Should it come to that though, then I'll add a list on the first post in this thread.
Painted in 2017:

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:Didn't spent much time painting yesterday. Just a few paint strokes on my terminators stormshields and drybrushed a few metal parts on my tech-priest dominus. I decided to add a "painted 2017" list as my signature in order to keep me further motivated! I doubt it will outgrow the 255 character limit, as I'm a really slow painter. Should it come to that though, then I'll add a list on the first post in this thread.
I like this idea and I think I'll copy it.
Painted in 2017:
T'au: 2 Broadsides, 6 Stealth Suits, 1 Ethereal, 1 Ghostkeel, 12 Firewarriors, 1 Commander, 5 Pathfinders
Death Guard: 20 Poxwalkers, 10 Plague Marines

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:31 pm

I really think you should make cool scenic bases

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:49 am

FDARaptor wrote:I really think you should make cool scenic bases
What for? The Skitarii? And if so, any suggestions? I plan to place some barbed wire on the base of the onager dunecrawler, though... It's the biggest base I've ever worked with, so I'll surely look into some basing tricks.
Rouven wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:Didn't spent much time painting yesterday. Just a few paint strokes on my terminators stormshields and drybrushed a few metal parts on my tech-priest dominus. I decided to add a "painted 2017" list as my signature in order to keep me further motivated! I doubt it will outgrow the 255 character limit, as I'm a really slow painter. Should it come to that though, then I'll add a list on the first post in this thread.
I like this idea and I think I'll copy it.
Feel free to do so!
Painted in 2017:

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:15 am

you could do the more or less traditional martian landscape theme, just maybe with some battle damaged bits on the ground, since the Mars of 40k has been terraformed, fought on, ruined with industrialization and, I think, terraformed again. Anyway, gives you lots of options :D
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:13 am

Instead of concentrating on my painting pledge (which I failed) I spent two evenings painting this Survivor from the Zombiecide board game as a birthdaypresent for a friend of mine. He looks a bit psychotic, but to be fair, I believe it's a common expression during a zombie apocalypse. :D
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
Painted in 2017:

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:07 pm

I just started playing Zombicide. Fun, fun, fun

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Nappen wrote:I just started playing Zombicide. Fun, fun, fun
Yeah, it such a fun game! Certain scenarios are really too hard to the point I'm not even sure they are winnable though. Especially when you draw an Abomination very early in the game, the brown and green ones in particular.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”