Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:42 am

Got back at 2am on Thursday and my storage stuff showed up at about 9:30 on Friday. Unfortunately 32 boxes/items did not make it including my table saw and miter sled. Very unhappy. Not sure what was in all the other boxes. My guess is that they put the a wrong vault on the box, because they tried to deliver two other people's stuff to me. Truck driver was not happy that I did not want to take the stuff.

Anyway, am going to play tomorrow. Made a few lists. And will unpack my DE today and get them ready to go :)

Otherwise it is unpack the garage day.

Changed plans about my game room. Since I will only be here 6-18 months, it just didn't seem worth it, so we turned that room into storage and will put it all in another area in the basement. Same amount of room, but not going to do any decorating and I don't have to put in any lighting. I realize in my new job, I just won't have time.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:36 am

I'm really impressed with the way you deal with all these moves. My wife and I moved into our current house 1,5 years ago and it's really something that I don't want to do again (and we only moved within the same town - more or less). I know it's something that most people don't really WANT to do, just something that has to be done, but still...
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks, you get used to it. Doesn't make it fun or easy...

I have been searching everywhere and I cannot find my grotesques, scourges or sslyth. They must be in a box somewhere. I think I have found most everything else Dark Eldar.

Going to play a game (I hope) at a LGS this morning. Only taking a few vehicles and some troops. It will be my first 8th edition games. The two times I have stopped in there were basically only ork, grey knight, death guard and marine armies playing. They need some xenos in there :twisted:

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 am

Played my first game yesterday. I won, but just barely. It was a blood bath. He had two models left on the table and I had two mandrakes squatting on an objective, a ravager, a venom with archon with 1 hull point on an objective. 4 incubi/3 Warriors and a succubus all hanging on the fourth objective.

I lost 3 venoms, a razorwing, ravager, squad of wyches, two squads of warriors, 8 mandrakes and three raiders.

He had drago and a razorback with 2 hull points left.

Funniest part of the game was 5 mandrakes holding up drago for 2 full turns.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:28 pm

nice! Still haven't played our first game yet =/ sad I know lol We got distracted with Playboy making his DE haha Even though we have tons of necrons ><

anyway, how did you find it? Liking the rules? In a lot of ways they seem the same, just simplified - at least from what I've been reading.

Also surprised you're seeing orks, but I guess they are more popular now! I've only seen SM of various chapters in my local store.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:44 am

I am still around. Just working through a lot of stuff for work and trying to get the house set up. Company is still looking for my missing stuff, but don't think there is a lot of hope. Still trying to figure out what all is gone after 2 years in storage...

Still have not gotten back to painting. This is the longest by a long shot for me in the last 4 years or so. Going to Georgia next week, so not a lot there. No, won't be in Warner Robbins, but one day the kids can get a game in.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 am

Found my scourges, grotesques and sslyth. Very happy about that. Now to organizing.

Doing the post move purge. All that sports equipment the kids will never use, books we will never read again (but not my WH stuff) etc etc. Will be doing some major eBay time when I get back from vacation.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 am

Yay glad you found your stuff!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:20 am

Thanks...now, if I could just find that missing table saw :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I feel blessed by so many people.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Am back. Was locked out-my password changed somehow and I couldn't get into the site.

Did not do much for the holidays with lots of family here...though started a "Folklore:Affliction solo campaign.

Have a new laptop, so can hopefully start posting pics again.

Unfortunately they did not find my stuff so most of my tools are gone. Filing a claim now, but you know how that goes.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Started back on my Venetian board I have been working on off and on for the last couple of years. Did the repairs and touch ups on what was broken in the move and then decided to do some of the old plascraft buildings I got for it. Spent a couple of hours putting them together. Now to prime them :)

Now to make them look like the ones I did two years ago...

Oh, and I built this too....embedded some magnets to stick the magnetic dry erase tape too for labels :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Got them all primed. Now to figure out what colors I want the buildings :)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Very cool!

colours are tough hehe YOu should have at least one red one :D

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”