Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 am

Have not been on much, nor have much to report. Combination of work, lack of stuff which has led to lack of motivation....

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Picked up three captain masters for half off. Not sure they are even usable, but just trying to start up again. Got a marches, rites and relics. Got the marches captain built and primed today. Really hard to work without a good light.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:55 am

Nappen wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 pm
Really hard to work without a good light.
I actually don't know if I'd still be able to paint without my daylight lamp. :shock: I got so accustomed to it and it makes painting so much easier!

What colour scheme are you going to do on those marines? I really don't remember if you were working on a chapter already...
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:05 am

I haven't decided, I have multiples going for a combined company for my daughter...well, it was for her before she turned 14 and lost interest. Now we cook together and watch movies that her mom won't :)

I haven't worked on her marines for a while, but here is their WIP thread

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=107282

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Here is what I have managed to get done in the last two weeks :(

https://imgur.com/a/nwRoH

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:35 am

I did get a Kickstarter for the A-Case in the mail. I put one of the three I ordered together last night. It is light. Has a completely different feel from my table war mini case. Say it will hold 300+ minis. I will test it when my stuff comes.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Is that a case for magnetized models? Interesting design.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am

It is. Fairly light. Case itself is nice. Metal frame that goes inside has exposed edges. Not sharp but not rounded either. It is all metal, so you can hang models upside down if you want. Not sure why you would but you can.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 am

Thats a pretty ingenious way to transport the newer GW models with all their fragile finicky bits!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am

Nappen wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 am
It is. Fairly light. Case itself is nice. Metal frame that goes inside has exposed edges. Not sharp but not rounded either. It is all metal, so you can hang models upside down if you want. Not sure why you would but you can.
double space lol

I was gonna get one of these but decided not to at the last minute, good to see they seem to be worth it tho

wonder how it'd do in airport?
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:51 am

Not sure about the airport, would easily fit under the seat, but security could be a pain.

Moving to my next temp house, but will get my stuff on Tues/Wed. We will be in that house a few months (probably) and then move to our more perm place. We are Sooooo ready to get out of the little duplex we are in. Plenty of room, but it is getting cold and our winter stuff is in the moving boxes. Oh, and yeah....my toys :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:05 am

Today is the day. I start getting my stuff back...too bad I have to move again in a couple or few months, but at least I will have some models...

Oh, and I just got notified that Kingdom Death is on its way...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 am

Am out of town again, at a 10 day course for the new job. But the good news is that I am finally in a house. My stuff is there and in two weeks I get my stuff that was in long term storage...i.e. My tools that I didn't take to Germany with me. Yeah...Terrain. I still don't have a computer up...mine is dead. Will need a new one, so pictures are still difficult.

Thus far, the garage is full of my plastic along one wall and the other is awaiting my tools. I have a storage area in the basement that will become a game room, but is is bad right now...not even lights, bare wood, exposed ducts etc. Not big, but big enough for my old table that also went in storage.

Big issue will be time. I am going to have about 1/3 to 1/4 as much time as I used to. Lots of travel now. Once I get a computer will post some before pics and after.

I have not picked up a brush in about a month and have not played a game of 8th yet. I am hoping Sunday I can go down to the local game store (about 20 minutes) and play a game. Read the rules. Not a huge difference there, but no clue about building lists in the new edition and it looks like everyone is different. Gonna be a hard road for my little evil space elves.

Marit Lage
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 am

Glad to see you back, Nappen. Can't wait to see what you do with your basement.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Good luck Nappen! Time sinks can really suck :(
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”