Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Very cool!

I was impressed with the shadows and the quality of light - it was very eerie!

Safe travels with the RV as well. I just drove back from WA - hope some of the construction has finally cleared up as well, for you. Can't believe they had a couple interstates actually closed. Tell the kids to watch out for the dreaded Jackaloupes when you finally get into the Pacific NW!!! lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:06 am

We spent the night in Rapid City. Made the time to see the badlands again. Definately worth the time.

Lots of signs but no jackalopes so far :) I hope there are no closed interstates....we have had some construction in SD, but nothing horrible. Built in time to stop for anything interesting or delays, but hope not to hit anything major. I like having time in the afternoon to hang out, watch a movie, paint a little etc.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:18 pm

If you're travelling across SD looking for jackalopes, I have to ask the obvious question:

"Have you been to Wall Drug?"

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm

We skipped it this time...but saw the signs for hours.

Made it to Butte, MN. Little hazy from the wild fires, but a nice ride. Always cool to cross the continental divide. Of course, after living in Alaska, Montana always seems like Alaska-lite :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:08 am

Made it to our temp house. A small breakfast table, some chairs, a couch, a couple of beds. But...there is a kitchen and washer and dryer, so we can cook and wash cloths :). Anyway, looks like it will be at least October before we can move in and set up the house for real. Cannot wait to get my shop back up and running so I can do terrain again...not to mention getting all my plastic crack out of the moving boxes. There is a GW store about 20 minutes from the house, but need to find a Local Club to actual play...it has been two years and I have not even bothered with the new rules yet...though I have read all the background.

Now, also can't wait to get my broken computer back. Tired of working on my iPad and my hotspot off my phone! Guess I should set up internet service too...

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Munin wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:18 pm
If you're travelling across SD looking for jackalopes, I have to ask the obvious question:

"Have you been to Wall Drug?"
Oh Lord... I was SOOOO sick of those signs lmao
Nappen wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:08 am
Made it to our temp house. A small breakfast table, some chairs, a couch, a couple of beds. But...there is a kitchen and washer and dryer, so we can cook and wash cloths :). Anyway, looks like it will be at least October before we can move in and set up the house for real. Cannot wait to get my shop back up and running so I can do terrain again...not to mention getting all my plastic crack out of the moving boxes. There is a GW store about 20 minutes from the house, but need to find a Local Club to actual play...it has been two years and I have not even bothered with the new rules yet...though I have read all the background.

Now, also can't wait to get my broken computer back. Tired of working on my iPad and my hotspot off my phone! Guess I should set up internet service too...
Glad to hear! Awesome to be so close to a GW =D sucks tho you have to wait til October to get settled. Hope everything goes well :D

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 am

Back to work today. Did go in Friday, but today is the first real day. Hope to make it to some local shops next weekend. This week is getting a computer for my daughter. Starting high school. She wants an All-in-one, but not a Mac. She says they are too expensive and you are paying for style not computer power...oh and she would have to rebuy all her programs and she is not willing to put out that kind of money. I do love that girl.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Nappen wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 am
Back to work today. Did go in Friday, but today is the first real day. Hope to make it to some local shops next weekend. This week is getting a computer for my daughter. Starting high school. She wants an All-in-one, but not a Mac. She says they are too expensive and you are paying for style not computer power...oh and she would have to rebuy all her programs and she is not willing to put out that kind of money. I do love that girl.

I love your girl too! hahah already ahead of the curve!

Although macs are very very dependable I should note (read: idiot proof. Almost) But yeah, good luck getting a new comp. I can't hardly keep up with the latest updates anymore.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm

As an IT professional, I can say that Macs are great! Until they fail. Then, heaven help you, because you'll need it. And you do pay for the brand.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 am

After looking at a lot, she decided on a midrange all-in-one. She won't have to get new programs, it has average ram, 1TB hard drive and an i3 or 5 processor. Can't remember if dell or Lenovo. With the back to school 100 bucks off it is not too expensive. Should last through high school.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 am

Not much to report. Did find a local shop that has games on Saturday nights and the local GW has players come in to play, but without my armies, not much point. Also out of stuff to paint. I did bring paints, but realized that I did not bring sprue cutters, glue or other assembly stuff...kind of forgot that part...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 pm

My extra box of the 40K starter set came, along with the smaller one. Unfortunately I am in Hawaii on buisness and am not there to open them. Of course, I still don't have my clippers, files etc, but I ordered a cheap set of those to use until my stuff arrives. I guess I will console myself with another plate of Poke. I do wish I had time to enjoy the island, but I only see it out the car window between the hotel and office.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Nappen wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 pm
My extra box of the 40K starter set came, along with the smaller one. Unfortunately I am in Hawaii on buisness and am not there to open them. Of course, I still don't have my clippers, files etc, but I ordered a cheap set of those to use until my stuff arrives. I guess I will console myself with another plate of Poke. I do wish I had time to enjoy the island, but I only see it out the car window between the hotel and office.
Ugh that's not much fun :( my brother was in the navy and got stationed at Hawaii for a while. He was on a sub though :P so he likes to say he got to see a lot of the underside of the island and that's it lol

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:47 pm

I was only there a few days, but at least the weather was nice and I got some good seafood...not a strong point of Germany.

Am back now, caught up on the weekly painting thread and terrain challenge strings. My new sprue clippers and files should be here tomorrow. Once my stuff gets here I will send them to my son. He has the new box set, but we forgot to send clippers etc to him. But he should focus on class anyway.

Hope everyone in the SE US are doing okay. Two of my kids have had to evacuate and have moved inland.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:07 am

Still waiting on my stuff to arrive. I did get some sprue clippers and a few items came in the mail, so just need to pick up some primer and I can start on the starter box.

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”