Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:57 am

thanks, at one point my son was playing necrons and tyranids. He dropped the tyranids, but I still have a huge pile of gaunts to paint, anyway. And I agree with Dheti...not really looking forward to it...will make the 100 fire warriors look easy...

I did manage to finish up the 6 harlequins last night. Will try to get them based tonight. Will go simple with them. Then that may be it for a while. Have some serious packing up to do this weekend.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:18 am

started the bases, got sucked into a movie, then another....so, no, didn't finish...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:56 am

My video card issue finally killed my computer. So working completely off my iPad for a while.

I did finish the last six harlequins.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:26 am

Got the computer working again, but have all kinds of weird stripes on the screen. Very hard to see what I am looking at. I am busy backing up all my photos, projects etc, then will do a system back up on my "my passport" external drive.
I did take a couple of photos of the last 6 harlequins. I have no idea what they look like, but will post them anyway...

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:19 am

Got all the yard stuff cleaned and ready. Take my car to the shipper today. On the hobby front, all my little pieces of plastic crack are packed up. I kept out some paints and brushes to do a bit of painting in transport when the harlequins I got on ebay last night come. Found a lot with the last three sculpts in it, that I did not have.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:58 am

On Vacation and when I get back we pack out the house to put it all on a boat back to the US. Means I won't have my toys until October :(

Will have to pull some stuff out to take with me, but has to fit in my suitcase.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Just home from vacation today and start pack out tomorrow. Don't think there will be a lot of painting in the next couple of months.

I did get my last five harlequins today, so will get them primed up and work on them a bit over the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and I came home to a completely dead computer. Won't boot up at all. Just packed it up for the move and will deal with it in October when it arrives back in the states. Until then I have my iPad :)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

Doh that sucks man :( hopefully it's something simple. At least you got your pad!

Good luck moving stuffs and all too.

Have you and the boy had time to play 8th yet?
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:19 am

Put.the boy on a plane back to school this morning. We did a lot of reading, painting and went to warhammerfest but no 8th except the demo games at fest.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:40 am

Last day of pack out this morning and we will be on the cots for a week before we fly back to the US.

Kept out some paint and a few models, but will be a major slow down in my progress.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Good luck traveling this go around hon!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 am

Safe travels man! Hope all your stuff arrives in 1 piece and without mold this time ;)
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:36 am

Oh, man, the mold...that was awful. We will know sometime in October.

I have five partially painted harlequins for the road and my paint bag, so at least I won't have to wait the whole time for painting and it gives and excuse to pick something up along the way...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 am

Not really any painting news, but we landed in Nashville on Friday night. Stayed a couple of days with friends and got our RV ready and are driving across the country the rest of the week. We have stopped at my brothers, as he is 45 minutes from the path of totality of the eclipse, but it has just started storming, so I guess we won't be seeing much...

Anyway, not looking forward to more driving, but excited to see more of the country and finally be getting to the next location.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 am

Did get to see the eclipse. We drove down to the path of totality and the weather cleared just in time. Quite amazing with the total eclipse and the corona, getting dark in the middle of the day. If one is every near you, you have to make the time to go see it.

Now back to the road...