Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Sir-back-up » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am

Nice and dark color scheme on the harleys, i like it!
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:32 am

Thanks.

World tournament is over and now siting on the balcony in Slovenia watching the world go by before I head home tomorrow.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:48 am

Got home last night and started working on the 2 star weaver/dreamweavers. Mostly I just put together the magnetization plan for them. Decided to make the "rider" into an additional harlequin model instead of magnetizing it to take it on and off. Then went ahead and put a layer of black on everything, forgetting that the shirts are white...so now I have to paint the white over the black. It was already primed black so not a huge deal, but still...a duh! moment.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:50 am

Primed 25 OOP harlequins I picked up off ebay. I figured out my magnetizing strategy and took the extra rider from each of the "weavers" and built and based them for two extra troopers. Wasn't much I could do about the legs. One is standing on the rocks and the other is sort of leaping off the left foot.

put a layer of matte varnish on the top of the vehicle so I hopefully don't scratch up the black and started painting the cockpit and drivers, so I could put them in painted before building the rest.

Tonight I will go through my OOP models to see what I don't have :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 am

A little more progress on the star/void weavers. I got the diamonds on one done. Hard to see the transition from dark red to medium red. I didn't like how the small diamonds turned out on the other one, so I repainted it black and will try and do the diamonds on it tonight.
Next is starting assembly and magnetizing. I will probably paint as I assemble for ease of access to parts, but not sure :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:38 am

More progress last night...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:16 am

So.....site is looking kind of funky today :)

and....photobucket decided they want 400 bucks a year to image host...

therefore...just got imgur account started...

and...will take a loooooooooooong time to recreate all my posts photo links, so please have patience with fixing stuff and if anyone knows the best way to bulk convert all the photo links I would love to know it. I guess I will start with this year's weekly paint, then my terrain thread, then a slow forward after that...

Anyway....Did get the star/void weavers magnetized last night and some more painting done. Want get anything done today, taking the family on a quick overnight trip.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 am

Should get home tonight. Really hoping to finish these before the fourth. Then will work on the two harlequins made from the scraps. I have also been trying to use up my spray primer before I move, so getting a lot of tyranids primed :D

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:36 am

Finished the star/void weavers. Almost done with the two troopers.

ImageImageImage

Down to only three Harley models that I don't have at least one of.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:30 am

Not a whole lot last night, got the first bit of black down on the 25 OOP harlequin troopers and a few more termagaunts primed :)

Still downloading all my photos from photobucket to transfer to imgur. Then the slow process of fixing them all on the website. Some will just be gone forever, but will try to rebuild all the recent ones.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:42 am

Started the 25 OOP harlequins in earnest last night. got the base on the pants, shirts and some of the red parts. Still a long way to go. I have 14 more coming but still am missing three troopers.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:46 am

Love your harlys scheme! You don't half crack through your models, and they all look good to boot!!

I'm jealous lol
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 am

Thanks,

not much done last night, just the first layer on the backpacks and shuriken pistols. Spent a good bit of time sitting on the back porch with the wife. It was a nice evening, and supposed to get hot again today, so took the chance when we had it.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Hard to tell, but did work on putting the base on the weapons and belts last night. Doing 25 at a time, I don't get much done at a sitting :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:21 am

Still downloading all my files from photobucket. Started the Terrain but it is slow going.

Got a good bit done on the harlequins last night. All the basecoating is done and now moving on to gems, highlights etc.