Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:58 am

So, got the guns and arms for four sky weavers done. Might have been more work that it was worth to have the two gun and two hand weapon options, but not much else to do here in the hotel :)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Still stuck in a hotel and running out of things to paint, so started on the riders for the harlequin jet bikes...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks,

I just got home and got it based. It is drying now, so maybe pics in the morning :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:22 am

finished up the basing last night. I may have to take a bit of a break. On the road again tomorrow and then start packing to move. I will try to keep some stuff out to paint during the move.

Sorry about the flash

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:13 am

got back home last night. Today is mostly starting to pack up the house, but hope to do a little bit this weekend :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 am

Started working on the jet bikes yesterday...well, I got a coat of black on all the bike parts. Today I will try to get diamonds started on the nose cones. I have never done it on vehicles, so will post pics once they are done.

Does anyone know if there is a list of all the harlequin models that GW has had over time? I can't find a list anywhere to figure out what OP models are what.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 am

Got a good bit done on the Harlequins yesterday. I put a base of black on Saturday and then between packing and cataloging my minis, smoking ribs and pork belly for my son and moving boxes around for the wife, I worked on the 4 skyweavers. All in all a good day.

I eventually gave up cataloging and just opened up bins and took pictures :)

Anyway, it took me two tries on the checks. First round, two turned out okay, but the other two got painted black again and redone. I started assembly last night, along with painting the arms and heads that are still on the sprues. I didn't want to cut them off until I was ready to glue them. Will add the details once they are on the bikes :)

Colors fit the Reapers Mirth and my DE army, so works out. Still have to finish up the riders, the gems and other details. The weapons...vehicle and rider are magnetized.

ImageImage

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:40 am

Those checks are looking great! Really cool transition from red to black! Airbrush and stencils?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:25 am

Yeah, first attempt at stencil checks, or really much with stencils. Hard to hold them on such a small model. I thought about a few random checks in another color, but thought it would be too much.

Rouven
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Rouven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Those checks look really good. Did you somehow fix the stencils on the minis or did you just use your hand to hold them in place? Using stencils for my airbrush is something that I've always wanted to try out - and know that I had a few Ork stencils, but I can't find them since I moved house. :(
Painted in 2018:
Death Guard: 1 Malignant Plaguecaster, 2 Rhinos, Typhus, 20 Poxwalkers, 1 Beast of Nurgle, 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Predator
Dark Angels: Cypher
Shadespire: Spiteclaw's Swarm (5)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I just held them in place with my left hand while I airbrushed with the right. Not elegant, but it worked.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:00 am

Just a bit of progress last night. Got the arms painted and assembled, the riders on the back, the faces painted except the trim. Still have to attach the heads, finish the gems and touch up, but getting close...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 am

Finished the skyweavers last night. Only problem is the ball socket on one of them won't hold the stand, so will glue it or magnetize it after I move. Weapons and arms are magnetized and all work. Will get a better pic at some point, but have to dig out my lightbox. Probably won't be this weekend though.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:47 am

Not much to report. Am at the United world youth games in Austria, so no painting. Fun watching all the kids and teens from around the world compete.