Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:39 am

Happy New Year's everyone!

So for the start of the new year:

1) I am GOING to finish my son's Tau Army and get back to my Harlequins.
2) I will finish my Venice Terrain Board
3) After that I am not sure...

Last night we stayed up watching TV, did the new years toast and then listened to the cacophony of fireworks they do here in Stuttgart for New Years.

I did get the browns on the hooves of 61 of the Tau Warriors done. The other 12 have been pulled out for a game my son and I are playing. I need to pull out and prime his commander farsight and then start working on the drones. Still have not gotten to the snipers and ethereals yet either.

Still waiting for blood bowl to show up. Seems to be lost in the mail. GW is sending out a new one, but they are out of the web card...next time I will just order from one of the 20% of places :)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:29 am

Didn't get anything done yesterday, but did finally get to Rouge 1 with my son.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:53 am

We both liked Rogue 1. It was star wars like it used to be. We liked how it stayed true and everyone died, but there is still that nagging line in episode 4 about the Bothan spies, but otherwise worked well.

Not sure about the Harleys yet. I am really planning on allies with my DE. Working on a narrative campaign with the both of them. Just no one to play it with...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:28 am

Will have to rewatch "A new hope" I guess....must be blending them :)

Started working on the group build last night, just cutting some foam at this point. So cold I could only do it in bursts in the garage. Not horrible cold, just to cold for hand work.

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:39 pm

Those snowy plateaus you've got for the group build look great! Your tau will look awesome jetting off them.
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:43 am

Thanks,

we are just finishing up the holidays, had a staff function last night here, hoping to get back to full swing this week. did not get much done at all last week.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am

Been off the net mostly this week. Will be back more next week. Getting out of town for the weekend. Did a little bit on my group build project and a little on the Tau, but not much :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 pm

No painting today, but having fun in Budapest

TheHoundmaster
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:38 am

All Guardsmen reporting any activity considered or having any relation to the mythical notion of "fun" will receive no less than 30 lashings to be carried out by the company Commisar. Remember: We are all but a weapon in the right hand of the Emperor. - Exhortationes Principiis Titannorum, Divisio Militaris. Now get to painting! :P
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:58 am

This is the first trip in a long time that I did not bring any models or paints. Shocking I know. But next week I will be back at it. I have to finish that Tau army and get that monkey off my back.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:34 am

home for the week, time to get some more painting done.

I did open my big box of Drakerys models last night. Did the KS like two years ago, but they finished the product. Models are okay. I will post some pics at some point.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:47 am

Been busy week and next week I am back on the road, but will have my Ipad and a bag of Tau to work on. I didn't get much done this week. Got a bit of paint on my group build, but otherwise, not a lot.

I also received Perdition's Mouth, a game I KS'd last year this week. Two models were damaged. I sent pics. They will replace one but said I should try gluing the other. Is this reasonable...I fix a lot of minor stuff, but the guy is supposed to be standing up strait with a spear. Instead he is bent up and three breaks. Could I fix it...probably...is it worth the work...no. I figure I will have to unbend, then reposition, then unbend more, then try to glue. If it was on break or just the resin bend I would not think twice, but I am a bit put off by the response. It was purely a packing function of throwing the expansion loose in the box with a bunch of heavy stuff.

Am I being too picky?

ImageImageImage

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 am

If it's broken, it's broken. They should be replacing it. I hope they will.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”