Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Oh god!

I literally cringed IRL. Damn.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:00 am

You are better off magnetizing it for transport, its what I did with my 2nd heldrake, makes moving it a lot easier. Since yours is in bits now anyway might as well put in the effort now so you don't have to deal with this again in 6-18months!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:37 am

It is looking more like 5-6 months.

Problem is that it was broken at non-joints too. I will try, but might not bother until after the next move...

Busy week, so have not gotten much done on the painting or terrain front.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:06 am

Not much done over the weekend. Hosted a drop in for the folks at work and then spent all day sunday taking down all the holiday decorations.

Did finally start up on my Venice board proper. Just have all the water to lay down left, but am having a hard time getting a seal and the water keeps running out. Just can't remember how I did it before. I think the issue is a lack of clamps, so I ordered one. (all of mine were in the missing boxes from the move)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am

Ugh, seeing what happened to your titan literally made my stomach churn. I'm so sorry. :cry:

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 am

Thanks, it was a bit heartbreaking, but ah, well. Another project...

Was super busy this week and got nothing done. This weekend have been having a game of thrones marathon with the wife...with a little ash vs evil when I get a moment.

Going to build a temp work bench today out of a piece of spare plywood. Just enough so I have somewhere to assemble, paint and work on my terrain projects. My big table is sans legs and supports, so until the adjuster gets to my claim, I am not buying any replacement stuff. Besides, probably moving again in the Spring/Summer.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:38 pm

So, my table is missing its supports and my work table is gone, so looking at the scraps and bits, I had a sheet of 3/8 plywood and some left over strips of 1X4 pine, so thought I would make a quick replacement table. So took an hour or so and threw together a table top with the tools I had on hand. all the tools I used are there on the table. I had not used my little battery powered trim saw in a long while, but it worked. Not going to do legs, will just use saw horses to keep it light since I will continue to move. Still have to sand and paint etc.

I then took the other 2X4 piece and it will be my work bench. I will just throw it on sawhorses or on my work cart when I need it, stick it in the corner when I don't.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:36 pm

just did a test fit and the interior works for 4 X 6 playmat :)

Now to figure out how I want to paint, sand etc. I think I will break down and order a replacement Palm sander.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 am

decided to start working on my folklore models, while I work on my new table. Just doing the base box now, but started priming them. Decided to put away my war in Christmas village models until next year near the holidays. Gives me time to think about how I want to paint them and incorporate them into my DE army :twisted:

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Priming done on the folklore models

ImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:22 pm

first coats on the Venetian buildings...long way to go on them

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Started making progress on my folklore models. Got the two gargoyles and the dire wolves done. Started working on the wraiths.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 pm

finished the wraiths, now moving on to some skeleton warriors and tree monsters.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Those look cool!

Sucks that you have to move so much :( Is there any chance you'll be being stationed more permanently? You could try for Warner Robins AF Base ^_^
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 am

moving is just part of the job. Warner Robbins is not likely to be in my future :)

Did get a little done on the skeleton warriors and the tree men last night. Bad seams in the trees, but it is for a board game so I am not to worried about it. I should have spent some time with filler, but didn't :)

This weekend I will sand the table. Need to decide if I want to paint it or just some polyurethane and call it done.

I also may poly the holders shown with the skeletons. Already getting some paint on them.

Also thinking I may add a little rust to the chains on the wraiths, but not sure.

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2017”