[Semi complete] GB77: The Scattering

An Archive of previous Group Builds
Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

[Semi complete] GB77: The Scattering

Post by Mach-Ten » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 am

wow, so this is nearly all over already .. damn

Fortunately for me this week I caught the terrain bug something bad, (probably sniffing hot glue did it)!

So time to get cracking, All my terrain so far has been REALLY solid lumps of buildings .. nothing ruined and nothing 'scattered around the place.

But I want to keep it in a theme if I possibly can, not just throwing any old jungle stuff down on my industrial terrain table :)

so here's progress from last night , please ignore the large ruin, it's just being made at the same time to the same style as the scatter buildings while I have the enthusiasm to do so.

bonus item - gas cannisters
So out walking the dog a few weeks back I saw a few of these gas containers discarded in the street

Thought they'd make something good, so strapped them together with zip-ties and hot glue.

I'll update more later this week, hopefully before the deadline
Last edited by Mach-Ten on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB77: The Scattering

Post by RandomTsar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:12 pm

Two days left and start a group build? Ambitious. I like it lol.

A really excellent job with ruins looks much easier than using foam core. Well, I say easier, I should probably say more naturally.

Alos really love what you did with those little CO2 cans! (airsoft gun propellant most likely) Wish I would have seen that idea a few years back, I threw away a whole heap of them because my CO2 gun broke. Would have made excellent scatter!

:] you can do it! I expect another post tonight!

Oh and love the name as well! 'The Scattering' rolls of the tongue very nicely.

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: GB77: The Scattering

Post by Mach-Ten » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Update :

so last night I threw on a film of plaster texture coat, just to make it feel rougher and more plas-crete like.

tonight I Base coated it with Grey Diamond hard floor paint ... it's not going to be dry in time to call it finished .. :(

but All I need to do is dry brush like a maniac and then spray it all over with a sealant of water & PVA glue ... just to make it a bit more durable

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: [Semi complete] GB77: The Scattering

Post by Mach-Ten » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:57 am

Sorry it's so late, the paint dried and I managed to throw on some dry brushing and some wash in bullet holes

Full album here - https://imgur.com/a/Bw3YF

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: [Semi complete] GB77: The Scattering

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:52 am

That's some pretty cool stuff! I really like those gas containers, they came out great!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator, 1 Onager Dunecrawler
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

Return to “Past Group Builds”