GB77: Scattered Trash Bins

Have some fun and build some terrain! Every month we work together on another group build. Come on in and check it out.
RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

GB77: Scattered Trash Bins

Post by RandomTsar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Hey, guys awhile ago I watch Mel the Terrain Tutors video about general rubbage scatter terrain. I started with some mock pictures. I was kinda experimenting how I could add a scary or spooky factor. I at first thought about 3D printing some skulls, helmets, or heads and putting them into clear/white trash bags. Not sure how well it will go but I do want to try. I don't have too many bits but I might end up using some.

Anyways, here is the sketch photo.

Started cutting out some trash bags, Mel recommends around 3in by 3in so that's what I shot for and trying to maximize squares per bag, I didn't want any weird strips just floating around. I also started sketching out the outline for the garbage bins on some cardboard.

You'll also notice that I picked up some spooky green spider web material to fill in my white/clear bags.

And then I got carried away and just cut out the garbage bins.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: GB77: Scattered Trash Bins

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:50 am

You really caught my interest! I'm looking forward to see this being completed!
Painted in 2017:
AdMech: 10 Rangers, 1 Vanguard, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, 1 Techpriest Dominus, 1 Infiltrator
Space Wolves: 5 Terminators, 1 Primaris Lieutenant
non GW: 1 Zombicide Survivor, 1 Infinity Hexas Multi Sniper

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by RandomTsar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks for the interest! It has been quite hectic for me lately. Getting even worse this week. Manage to steal away some time though. Here's some progress I've made.

Cut out the rest of my bins, folded. And glues all of them together now!

They seem a bit bland though. Planning to add some more accents to them here and there. Maybe make some trapezoid pieces with 3D printing to raise them off the ground. Add some lid details with some cereal box.

Also started making some trash bags. I don't have any fish line or string... I had some leftover jewelry medium-ish gauge wire that I ended up using to tie some of my trash bags. Need to acquire some string and I think the trash bag assembly would go a lot faster than having to use pliers to twist the wire... But yeah.

That's what I've gotten so far. Fun stuff!

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by RandomTsar » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Nothing new to report other than a couple new trash bags. I won't really have any free time to tackle finishing this project until Nov 17th, (the day after my birthday :o). Feels a little awkward to finish everything up in a super short time. Sorry. But I will still post plenty of progress pics!

Side note: Uni is hell. >.<

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by RandomTsar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 am

So I managed to squeeze some time in! Woohoo. I started detailing my trash bins. I also had created a fin more trash bags which will be showcased below.

To start off with I outlining on one bin what I wanted the trash bin details to include. Then I started cutting up a frozen pizza box and started gluing!

Started with the front of the bins with the cut up pizza boxes,

Then I just went ham.

I did forget to add the top detail to the pizza boxes though. And I need to print off some feet form my 3D printer.
But between the last time and now I was able to make a couple more trash bags, and with some offcuts from the pizza box I attempted to make some cardboard boxes freestyle. Ended up with super glue all over my fingers so I won't be trying that again lol.

While this amount of trash bags fills up one bin really nice, I don't think I have the patience (at least right now) to make more of them... So that might just be how many I make for this project, and slowly add to them when I get time here and there. Let me know what you guys think!

Return to “Current Group Build”