GB77: Scattered???

Have some fun and build some terrain! Every month we work together on another group build. Come on in and check it out.
locomoticopter
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

GB77: Scattered???

Post by locomoticopter » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:59 pm

OK, so I couldn't come up with a good title for the subject line. So here is the start of my first scatter terrain build.

I am starting out with some Halloween miniatures from Michael's craft store and some foam core.

For this first piece so far you can see I glued the tombstone to the foam, and cut an opening for the casket so that it looked like it was partially lowered into the ground.

A little paint, and a bead of hot glue to make the dirt mound around the edge of the hole.

I plan to have something else to fill in a little around the tomb stones. I need to go to the hobby store and get some fall foliage.

Just a start.
More of a hobbyist than a gamer.

Armies (if you can call it that):
1 set of Space Marine Tactical Squad (one mini modded to be female)
1 set of Ork Boyz
6 Zombicide survivors painted
2 Zombicide zombies painted (a lot more to go)
Asstd. Reaper Bones

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB77: Scattered???

Post by RandomTsar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Liking the tombstones! Awesome find on that casket! I'll be posting my progress sometime this weekend. Keep up the work!

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by RandomTsar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Hey locomoticopter did you get the chance to pick some foliage for your other tombstones? Hope life isn't to hectic for you to finish up your build! :]

locomoticopter
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by locomoticopter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm

This is the time of year when everything happens at once. I don't see myself getting this one done. Worked 3 weeks straight, this was my first day off since the last weekend of October. This weekend I will be out of town for the thanksgiving holiday. Then we are into December
More of a hobbyist than a gamer.

Armies (if you can call it that):
1 set of Space Marine Tactical Squad (one mini modded to be female)
1 set of Ork Boyz
6 Zombicide survivors painted
2 Zombicide zombies painted (a lot more to go)
Asstd. Reaper Bones

RandomTsar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by RandomTsar » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:02 pm

That is unfortunate. Never the less I hope you enjoy your holiday and get some well-deserved rest! (As much rest as anyone can get with the holiday and family) Best wishes!

Return to “Current Group Build”