I just got a ton of the promotional Stormcast models

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
psychoticbuzzsaw
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I just got a ton of the promotional Stormcast models

Post by psychoticbuzzsaw » Tue May 09, 2017 7:50 pm

OK I love AoS, just started a few months ago when I dusted off my old Nurgle fantasy models, played once instant love lol. Back to my topic I was just picking up a Heresy box set from my flgs, and he gave me all his promotional Stormcast models GW sent him, its 21 of them. I was wondering if all those models plus a starter box and a start collecting box would be a decent army? I would just use the Khorne stuff from the starter in my chaos army.

Pellynor
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: I just got a ton of the promotional Stormcast models

Post by Pellynor » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 pm

What sort of models did you get from the promotional stuff? Depending on what you want your army to do it could be a solid core to work with.
Fantasy:
Bretonnia
Daemons of Chaos
High Elves
Vampire Counts

Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Khorne Daemonkin
Tyranids

psychoticbuzzsaw
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by psychoticbuzzsaw » Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 am

Pellynor wrote:What sort of models did you get from the promotional stuff? Depending on what you want your army to do it could be a solid core to work with.
Liberators, they aren't like the starter box ones. I think they gave one them away in a bagged white dwarf, and he got them because GW sent them to stores as a promo

Pellynor
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Pellynor » Sat May 13, 2017 12:21 am

psychoticbuzzsaw wrote:
Pellynor wrote: Liberators, they aren't like the starter box ones. I think they gave one them away in a bagged white dwarf, and he got them because GW sent them to stores as a promo
Yeah, those liberators and a start collecting could be a good starter army. If you're able to convert a few of the Liberators you get or have already to other heroes, prosecutors or retributors the you have a truly solid , if infantry heavy, core. Liberators in squads of ten are truly nasty thing to chew through.
Fantasy:
Bretonnia
Daemons of Chaos
High Elves
Vampire Counts

Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Khorne Daemonkin
Tyranids